Part 1 and Part 2 movies or extras

blumamba

blumamba

I brought this up a long while back in the emby theater section and  was addressed.

I have jumped from the htpc to the shield pro tv.  I also have expanded my server space and had to re do the server app.  I have now reorganized to my liking.  I got to test and none of the part 2 (LOTR for example) are showing up now?

In the Theater app it was added back in and worked well enough.

I did notice my naming scheme changed from "part1" to "part-1" and at one point some were "part 1".  However none are showing up now?

So is my naming scheme off or did that get removed again?

Hi.  This app hasn't had multi-part features fully implemented.  Is there a reason why you don't simply merge them?

blumamba

Luke and ebr, to make things simple for the app in "movies" "tv" and "home Movies"  I simply put part 1 because it may be an extra and not something that needs to be watched every time.  The LOTR merge, I tried mkvtoolNix and I couldnt get it to work.  I did not read up on it simply because I dont have very much extra time to do so. You guys do such a great job on this I rarely have to wait for a "fix" or need to "request" a feature (all though "editing" posters in the SHIELD app would be nice too like the pc:)).

I did see on my server pc that the part 1's etc are showing up.  During the initial info updates search of the database (upgraded my raid and had to rebuild) I found it had been updated with "improved" names so all my files and folders should have been renamed accordingly before EMBY was launched. What I found was that my app for renaming files and folders was in fact, NOT doing so as it stated (had no issues in the past) and some of  the items were not renamed and did not match in EMBY.    So for the items in question I made sure all the files and folders were of the same name and since emby was not "refreshing all Metadata" (in some cases, some not at all)  I manually entered the correct names to match.  upon doing so the part 2's and extras all showed up on the pc but not on the SHIELD.

I do have documentary tv series that have extras and they are titled part 2 etc. and thus why I use the part 2's naming structure.  Mostly for stuff thats not in a database listed as s00e0?. Its great all around for any media regardless of "movies" or "home movies".  With it implemented people have lots of other simple options in my opinion.  

So I humbly request that it be added in the the SHIELD app.

Thanks again for your hard work!

Why aren't you using our "Extras" features for these extras?  I'm sorry, I'm trying to understand.  Building an interface for this is very low priority because it really should never be needed these days.  There are not restrictions on file sizes which is why these were put into different parts back in the day.

FrostByte

If you need assistance merging LoTR using mkvtoolnix I and others can assist.  

Spaceboy

Could have joined them in less than the time it took to write that last post [emoji3]

• Like 1

blumamba

EBR, I didnt know that existed.  I will have to find a tut and set it up.  Does it work with the TV series extras too?  I assume it would?

Frostbyte - thanks and send instructions.

Spaceboy - Possibly?

blumamba

Ok so I found the naming structures for the movie extras and low and behold, it works....duhh.

I did the same for the tv series extras and it did not work.  I cant seem to find the naming structure to confirm that is the problem.

thanks

FrostByte

Here are some simple append instructions using mkvtoolnix

• start up MKVtoolnixGUI

91488eebaf37af4e132fdb057fe632882a7f5731.thumb.png.0fcf8a1aeec4c12f0e74aa9ef138b85c.png

• drag the first part file into the window marked by the arrow
  • the video, audio and subtitle tracks it contains will appear in the window underneath it

954539a8fa11ca47ab2171c4440a1e6b01f93eb2.thumb.png.bfec55c16a6bb0161d5cb4e3ac7fb522.png

• Right-click on the File name of the first part and choose ‘Append files’. Navigate to the file for the second part and select it.
  • Your screen should now look like the screenshot below. Note, how the filename for the second part is ‘indented’.

effc3d4528f3950bb13237a31a3c7ce2aa8d76c1.thumb.png.0d347172324d17b9c9f9285d45dc0249.png

• Correct anything you need to like defaults, languages, etc
  • ‘Start Muxing’

• Like 2

blumamba

Great! That worked.  Thanks

Now for the tv show extras?  or just crossovers?  How do I name them to get them to show up?

blumamba

Thanks ebr, thats what I was looking for.  Somehow missed it.  I have the standard naming scheme it was the multi part I was missing😊