Raspberry Pi Hardware Decoding

SilikG

SilikG

I have emby running on a Raspberry Pi 4, and have hardware encoding working (although the hardware encoding embeds significantly smaller subtitles than the software encoding does -- is this something I can fix?), but it continues to use software for decoding, without any available decoder options.  I didn't see anything in the setup guide on how to enable this, did I miss something somewhere?

emby.thumb.jpg.1acdd17c8d8bccfd5b16956d670f9fe1.jpg

SilikG

The instructions I could find.  Couldn't find Raspberry Pi specifically, but the linux ones appear to just say the drivers already exist?

SilikG

apt-get upgrade should update them, so they should be up to date, but I'm not finding anything in the setup documentation to suggest any other way of setting things up.  Not familiar enough with pi and google isn't helping me find what driver is being used to determine what version is loaded.

Isn't rpi4 arm 64 architecture? I think so, in which case you should be using our arm64 install package. Or are there armhf rpi4 models as well?

SilikG

$ uname -a
Linux media 4.19.118-v7l+ #1311 SMP Mon Apr 27 14:26:42 BST 2020 armv7l GNU/Linux

Pi runs a 32-bit OS, and (last I checked) the 64-bit isn't recommended yet (lthough the hardware itself is 64 bit since Pi 3, I believe).

Hi, please see the explanation in this topic and let us know if it helps:

Thanks.