DLNA players do not appear in list

mholin

mholin

Hi guys,

what can I do to make my Sonos devices or Pioneer amplifier to appear again in the list of DNLA devices to play content on?

A few months ago, I relocated my emby server to a data-center. The server is no longer in my private LAN.

Since this day, I do not see many of my DLNA devices in my LAN. Strangely, I do see all Apple devices even in foreign LAN (my friends, which are allowed to use my library as well).

When I take my android phone and start spotify, I see all my local DLNA devices when phone and devices are in the same LAN.

Emby for android does not see my SONOS and other. Same for Chrome browser on my laptop. Strangely I see the Apple devices of all my friends, though there are not in my LAN.

what can I do to play music files from my server in data center to my local Sonos or Pioneer DLNA again?

bye Michael

DLNA is network specific so you won't be able to do this.  This function only works for DLNA devices on the same network as server.

Put another way, DLNA is only designed to work on a LAN, not over the internet.

mholin

like using spotify, I want to send music from my mobile phone (in my LAN) to my Sonos (in my LAN).

The Spotify music-library is not in my LAN.

Now with emby:

I want to send music from my mobile phone with emby app (in my LAN) to my Sonos (in my LAN).

The emby music-library is not in my LAN.

so, where is my problem? Why does the emby on phone does not see the Sonos devices?

It seems, the emby server is looking in it's LAN for DLNA devices. In my situation, it is looking in the data center.

Like spotify, the client app should look for the DLNA devices near by. 

Strangly, Apple devices are found in any case by emby.

any hints?

Edited by mholin

As he said, they need to be on the same LAN as the server. Allowing our mobile apps to detect Dlna devices on other networks is something we're interested in for the future.