Direct play over web connections

byakuya32

byakuya32

you should add the ability to stream direct play over the web as it transcodes my h265 to h264 when using the emby app

Happy2Play

Emby will direct play when able to over the web.  You would need to show the reason Emby is transcoding your media.  You can see when via info on the Dashboard, or nerd stats via the client.

byakuya32

It never goes and I have symmetrical gigabit. My friends place has 300 most. He is using the windows 10 emby app.

Happy2Play
17 minutes ago, byakuya32 said:

It never goes and I have symmetrical gigabit. My friends place has 300 most. He is using the windows 10 emby app.

I am guessing you mean Desktop Emby Theater.  But we would need to see server and ffmpeg log to know why it is transcoding.

23 minutes ago, byakuya32 said:

Have him play something while you look at the dashboard.  You'll be able to see why the Server needed to transcode.

Could be as simple as the bitrate exceeds settings you've set for the user or the network uplink, to the user's client not support some codec or container or some weird subtitle is being displayed that isn't compatible.  Dashboard or Stats for Nerds on the client should give the answer.

byakuya32

specked a ryzen build with a ryzen 5 2600, 8gb of ddr4 3000mhz ram, and keeping my nvidia M2000 so it should perform decently. Here is to hoping never have done a ryzen build before.