Some episodes tagged missing despite obviously being there

Rojikku
Go to solution Solved by Rojikku,

Rojikku

I'm running version 4.4.3.0 via docker, which reads from google drive via plexdrive. Plexdrive is indicating the presence of the file on the file system, when I do an ls. Not only that, when I first went into this series, I could watch the unwatched episode, and did do so perfectly fine. I have done multiple library scans- of the specific series, and the library as a whole, but emby is insisting the file is missing.

Despite this, it shows the day the file was added, and lists all the file's media info.

Logs are attached.

EmbyExplain.png

embyserver.txt

Happy2Play

If you disabled "Display missing episodes within seasons" on the User (user icon-Display) they appear properly correct?

I will have to look for the many other topics but some systems are not removing the virtual items correctly when the real items are added.  A full library scan is suppose to fix this issue.

If disabling the setting does not show the episode properly then we will have to troubleshoot further.

Rojikku

I disabled that setting on the library side, and then hit full scan, and it was the same as before, with no changes.

After disabling it on the USER side, it did as you expected and appeared correctly.

A full library scan did not fix this issue, I'd say it's a bug.

Edit: Enabling the setting again returns it to the broken state

Edited by Rojikku
Additional info

Happy2Play

Haven't found the other topics, but yes this is a known issue on some systems, I know I haven't been able to reproduce on my Windows systems. 

• Solution
Rojikku

I just managed to get it to go away, I do believe. I ran a refresh metadata on the episode that was in this broken state, replace all. This separated the episodes for the missing episode two, and the present episode two. At that point in time, a library scan removed the missing episode two entry, which was essentially a duplicate.

Hasn't fixed the issue, but maybe it gives someone somewhere to work from.

This usually happens with recently aired series, in my experience, when I add episodes as they come out.

Happy2Play

Okay so your issue is that the virtual and real episode were grouped as a multi-version item.  So bad database entries.  Still comes back to why the library scan did not remove the virtual item when real item was added.  Until a Dev can reproduce this issue it will be a tough on to find.

Rojikku

Not that I know anything about the code, but I'd assume you could detect if a multi-version item consisted of one of the virtual items, and if so, delete said virtual item.

• 2 weeks later...

This probably only occurs with the anime plugin installed. We'll look into the cause of it. Thanks for reporting.