Thumbnail Image Extraction Not Working For Existing Media

Tliner4Life

Tliner4Life

I'm not able to get the thumbnail extractions to work for anything other than new media.

Whenever I add a movie the thumbnails pop right up, but all the existing files I get nothing after a library scan.

And I swear I've checked all the settings so it should be working on a library scan.

Please let me know if you have any thoughts on what the problem/fix might be.

Thanks.

Thumbnail creation besides new media is done with a Scheduled Job.

Try kicking that job off.

Tliner4Life

Is there a way to force it, or do I have to schedule a task for a certain time?

I do have a scheduled task that's supposed to run every 2AM, but I still don't see any thumbnails for existing media.

You can manually kick off the job.  Click on the icon.

These create BIF files so do a search of your library disc to see if *.bif are there.

Creating the bif files is not a fast process which is why it doesn't do this automatically during a library scan for older media.

Tliner4Life

Oh man I didn't see that little triangle icon. I clicked on it and it's saying 0.0%. I'm going to let it run for a while and see if it makes some progress.

Fingers crossed. Thanks!

Happy2Play
3 minutes ago, Tliner4Life said:

Is there a way to force it, or do I have to schedule a task for a certain time?

I do have a scheduled task that's supposed to run every 2AM, but I still don't see any thumbnails for existing media.

Every task has a default trigger for when it runs you can delete that trigger and create your own, click on the Task to open.

Note the "Thumbnail image extraction" has a time limit set so it can only run for a max of 4 hours daily.  But you can customize triggers to your liking.

Tliner4Life

Thanks Happy2Play,

Unfortunately though due to my other problem we're working on I can't make triggers because it requires a drop down lol.

But at least this one is conquered for now, it's at 0.3% now and chugging along.