Drop Down Menus No Longer Working

Tliner4Life

Tliner4Life

When I try to various things in my web browser the drop down menus almost instantly close when I click on them.
For example, I add a new library and the first thing you choose is content type, that menu I can't get to appear for more than hundredth of a second.

If I'm quick enough I can click on it and hit the arrow down key to get it to select Movies. But it's not just that, any place in Emby where there's a drop down menu gives me the same behavior.

I'm using Chrome but I've tried firefox and edge and they do the same thing. Also tried disabling my popup blocker. Please let me know if you have any thoughts on how to fix this.

Thanks.

HI, are you sure you're not clicking outside of the dropdown? That would cause it to close.

Happy2Play

Are there any errors in the browser console?

I don't see this behavior in Stable or Beta servers in Edge 83.0.478.61, FireFox 79.0b7, Chrome 83.0.4103.116

Does the screen work if you tab around and then use arrow keys?

Tliner4Life

Unfortunately not. The tab key just seems to take me to the next cell where I can type in the library name. If I shift tab to try and go up to the library type it's not responding to the arrow keys.

Happy2Play

Do you have another system that you can test on to see if you get the same results?

Tliner4Life

Well Happy... Excellent call. I have another desktop machine at home that's not running the server but I used it to access the dashboard and sure enough. The drop down menus all work fine on that machine. So I'm at least content for now with the workaround of using the other machine, but I'd still like to know what's going on with the machine that's running the server causing this. It almost feels as if someone were holding down the escape key or something.

Weirder things have happened.  Try another keyboard/mouse if you have them.

Try RDC or Teamview into the server and see if you have a problem using a remote keyboard/mouse.

• Like 1

Tliner4Life

Lol, what's funny here is I almost always access the computer via teamviewer remotely.

Rarely to I actually access the machine physically, which makes this seem so weird.

I'm going to double check the machine when I get back home and remove all things USB connected to it and try again via team viewer.

I feel like there's got to be some funky USB keyboard or mouse connected to it that's causing the issues. 

Thanks for everyone's help today, I didn't think I would get so much help so quickly. Much appreciated.

If I find the cause I'll be sure to let everyone know.

• 6 months later...
BOTICSELLI
On 7/13/2020 at 9:49 PM, Tliner4Life said:

Exactly the same happaning to me.
I've just installed Emby server on my brand new Windows 10 PC, and none of the dropdown mwnus work properly.

Any suggestion???

10 minutes ago, BOTICSELLI said:

Exactly the same happaning to me.
I've just installed Emby server on my brand new Windows 10 PC, and none of the dropdown mwnus work properly.

Any suggestion???

Hi, can you try a different browser?

BOTICSELLI

I try to give a chance to EMBY (I've running Plex server at the moment, but i think about the switch).
But this is a bad start...   :( :( 

BOTICSELLI

Now I am trying to uninstall the emby server, restart the computer, installing again, restart again and try it with an another browser... 

GrimReaper
27 minutes ago, BOTICSELLI said:

Yes, of course: Chrome, an Edge. Both have the same issue.

They are both Chromium based. Try different-engine browser, Firefox for example. 

BOTICSELLI

Okay. Now I uninstall EMBY SERVER, then restart the computer, download emby server again, reinstall it, and tried with Mozilla Firefox.
Witn FIREFOX the dropdown menus working perfectly.  :) 
However with Google Chrome, and Edge the dropdown menu issue still exists.

GrimReaper
16 minutes ago, BOTICSELLI said:

Okay. Now I uninstall EMBY SERVER, then restart the computer, download emby server again, reinstall it, and tried with Mozilla Firefox.
Witn FIREFOX the dropdown menus working perfectly.  :) 
However with Google Chrome, and Edge the dropdown menu issue still exists.

Do you maybe have any gaming peripherals attached? Gamepad, joystick, flight stick, pedals, wheel...?