Emby not loading videos in Windows

MGlolenstine

MGlolenstine

I'm having some really weird problems, that aren't even connected to the Emby server itself, but to it's web interface.

I'm able to watch series in browser on Linux or Android in both browser and app with no problems, but if I switch to Windows(dual boot), it just stops working.

The error I'm facing is as following:

image.png.53806eec996d33811ea6d2b5e878bb4f.png

this is the error that shows up whenever I try to play anything. If I press on the button, the popup just shows up again.

There is some errors in the JS console in the browser.

image.png.31fc64cdc398eb0bb2ca466bee4494db.png

Now this error 500 is weird enough in itself, as it would mean that the problem is on the server, but let's see what that error's message is.

No video encoder found for 'h264' >>>>>> FindVideoDecoder - MediaType: hevc, Mode: Automatic Info FindVideoDecoder - Checking: 'Automatic software decoder' (Priority: 0) Info FindVideoDecoder - Check successful - selecting 'Automatic software decoder' >>>>>> FindVideoEncoder - Media: h264, UseHardwareCodecs: True, Mode: Automatic

Now this would tell me that the problem lies within the server, as it cannot find the codec it needs `h264`. But that's where I'm puzzled. Why does it work fine on Linux but not on Windows?

if I turn on Android application, I can watch it without problems, even though it's 100% unplayable on Windows.

Cheers,

MGlolenstine

Edited by MGlolenstine
Changed away from Markup syntax, as this forum apparently doesn't support it.

Hi.  Did you install the Windows version of the server and, if so, exactly how?

MGlolenstine
1 minute ago, ebr said:

Hi.  Did you install the Windows version of the server and, if so, exactly how?

I'm afraid I haven't mentioned my server configuration. I'm running Emby from official docker image on a Manjaro server.

MGlolenstine
4 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi there, please attach the emby server log. thanks.

I'm not sure what way you wanted the log posted in, so I'll just drop in a .txt file.

Public IP address has been replaced with 

<IP_REDACTED>

for privacy's sake.

emby_log.txt

MGlolenstine
9 hours ago, MGlolenstine said:

I'm not sure what way you wanted the log posted in, so I'll just drop in a .txt file.

Public IP address has been replaced with 

<IP_REDACTED>

for privacy's sake.

emby_log.txt 1.01 MB · 0 downloads

I have just realised that this "General/Windows" isn't directed towards end-user system, but towards server's OS. My bad. Could you move to appropriate one("Linux")?

Cheers,

MGlolenstine

• 3 weeks later...