Movie shows up as TV Show

kaledev

kaledev

I have a movie where the name is formatted as it should be, and it failed to show up. So I moved it into my TV shows folder and it popped up immediately as an incorrectly flagged TV show. However - I'm unable to change it to a movie now that I see it here - and when it's under movies it's invisible and doesn't even show in the metadata manager. I'm not sure where to go from here...

kaledev
23 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi there, can you please go over an example? Thanks.

Sure - I have a movie called "Little Women" from 2019. I added this into a folder called "Little Women" inside my Movies folder. I tried naming "Little Women" by itself, appending "2019" and adding "(2019)" as well. Scanning the library each time nothing popped up, and it never appeared inside of the metadata manager. I deleted the folder and re-created inside of my TV Shows folder (without the 2019) and it popped up immediately on scanning and thought it was a 1970's tv movie. However - I can't reclassify it as a movie here, and I can't get it to show even incorrectly in my Movies folder so I can fix it.

Happy2Play

Libraries are content type specific it is impossible to have a Movie in TV or TV in Movie content type.  Now Mixed Content type library is a different story but provides a different view then specific content type libraries.

We would need to see the server log for when you add the media to movies folder.

Why do you feel the movie is not showing up? 

Have you used Search to find the movie after adding? 

kaledev
18 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Libraries are content type specific it is impossible to have a Movie in TV or TV in Movie content type.  Now Mixed Content type library is a different story but provides a different view then specific content type libraries.

We would need to see the server log for when you add the media to movies folder.

Why do you feel the movie is not showing up? 

Have you used Search to find the movie after adding? 

I think I discovered the problem - I had been trying to ignore a directory in another movie's folder, so I added a .ignore file. However - it didn't work, and appears to have been blocking me from adding any new movies since I did that. The log was throwing the error attached... When I completely removed that directory it started populating movies again and the one I added showed up... I'm a bit baffled why an .ignore file in another directory would have done it, but the problem did start showing up right when I added it. It looks like it's scanning, encounters the error, and stops completely and moves on to TV Shows...

embylog.txt

Happy2Play
1 hour ago, kaledev said:

I think I discovered the problem - I had been trying to ignore a directory in another movie's folder, so I added a .ignore file. However - it didn't work, and appears to have been blocking me from adding any new movies since I did that. The log was throwing the error attached... When I completely removed that directory it started populating movies again and the one I added showed up... I'm a bit baffled why an .ignore file in another directory would have done it, but the problem did start showing up right when I added it. It looks like it's scanning, encounters the error, and stops completely and moves on to TV Shows...

embylog.txt 15.19 kB · 1 download

I wouldn't think this error has anything to do with .ignore and would apply to permissions.

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '/media/Movies/A Hot Dog Program (+CC)/Full Disk' is denied.

kaledev
18 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

I wouldn't think this error has anything to do with .ignore and would apply to permissions.

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '/media/Movies/A Hot Dog Program (+CC)/Full Disk' is denied.

Yeah but this wasn't the movie not showing up, it's just that when I deleted this directory everything worked for other movies. Something about it not being able to access this directory killed all scanning.