hardware advice for live tv

syadnom

syadnom

2 servers.  webclient on desktop pc aka server1.  have a second i5-6550 machine with same issue.

webclient >server1 skips

webclient >server2 skips

iOS>server1 and 2 skips

Roku>server1 and 2 skips

source HDHomerun Extend or Quatro, same, skips.

nothing else skips.  transcoding 4k movie, no skip.  playback of DVR content, no skip.  Playing IPTV stream from IPTV plugin, no skip.

Only LiveTV after starting the playback and never hitting pause skips.   Pause for a few seconds, no skips.

It's like the player is just way to near the HLS segment writes.

Everything works correctly but you need a manual pause at the start, correct?

Is that an older Roku that doesn't support mpeg2?  Would love to see if you have the same problem if using a client that supports mpeg2 where we didn't have to transcode.

Do you have Emby Theater installed or would you mind trying this client on a PC?

Emby Theater can be downloaded from the website here: https://emby.media/download.html

syadnom

iOS handles MPEG2 also, if I just stream MPEG2 then it doesn't skip.  I need transcoding though, that's really the whole point.  

iOS MPEG2 playback, no skip

Emby Theater MPEG2 playback, no skip.

syadnom

I'm seeing 'minsegments=1' in the ffmpeg config... That's the problem I think.  Needs to be at least 2.  I'm already playing the first one which is 3 seconds long as the second one is being saved to a tmp file, then moved to .ts then the m3u8 gets updated.  Naturally, I've completed the first 3 seconds at the same time the second 3 seconds completes so I have to pause and wait for the next stream to hit the m3u8 file.  If this was segments=2 I think it would be perfect.  I've searched the forums and googled a bunch and I can't see anywhere to change this...