New Problem: Every 2 hours or so , emby stop working !

Mohammednt0
Go to solution Solved by Mohammednt0,

Mohammednt0

Good day,

Every 2 hours or so, emby will stop working and i get "This site can’t be reached" error and all the apps on the network will not be able to connect !!,

restarting emby does not help, to fix it,  i must shutdown emby then re-open it again manually then it will work again, i have to repeat this many time every day !!

I'm running emby v4.4.3.0,  please help, Logs are attached.

embyserver-63730189677.txt hardware_detection-63730189700.txt embyserver-63730189917.txt hardware_detection-63730189935.txt embyserver.txt

Edited by Mohammednt0

When this happens are you still able to connect to your Emby Server from another computer on the network via web browser?

Adamhicks2009

Same issue here I can access mine but runs really slow till I reboot then good for a few hours

3 minutes ago, Adamhicks2009 said:

Same issue here I can access mine but runs really slow till I reboot then good for a few hours

Please provide as much information as possible.

Adamhicks2009

Same issue here I can access mine but runs really slow till I reboot then good for a few hours.

My emby server will run great for a few hours .

Then all of a sudden its really slow loading any images, content ect    

I have to reboot to fix it .

Log is attached.

embyserver.txt

Mohammednt0
2 hours ago, cayars said:

When this happens are you still able to connect to your Emby Server from another computer on the network via web browser?

i tried that, no, when this happen i can't connect to my emby server from another computer via web browser,

the only solution for this is to shutdown/exit emby then run it again after few hours again i will need to repeat that !, its very annoying, please advise,  

Edited by Mohammednt0

7 minutes ago, Mohammednt0 said:

i tried that, no, when this happen i can't connect to my emby server from another computer via web browser, please advise

Do you see any errors in Windows Event Viewer?

When you have this problem again take a look at the CPU usage on the machine.  How high is it and if high what processes are hogging the CPU?

PS Check to make sure you have the correct Backup address set as you log has an error or two about the backup location.

14 minutes ago, Adamhicks2009 said:

Same issue here I can access mine but runs really slow till I reboot then good for a few hours.

Log is attached.

embyserver.txt 9.51 MB · 1 download

You have SSL errors in your log file.  Do you have SSL working?

You have a lot of SQL errors showing up in your logs. I'm seeing errors like this:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file '/var/lib/emby/transcoding-temp/FEF38C_22.ts'.

Is this running on a Shield TV by any chance.  Lots of indications the hardware is running slow.

Shut the shield tv down and then remove the power code for 10 seconds and restart it.

How much free INTERNAL space do you have?

Mohammednt0
37 minutes ago, cayars said:

Do you see any errors in Windows Event Viewer?

When you have this problem again take a look at the CPU usage on the machine.  How high is it and if high what processes are hogging the CPU?

PS Check to make sure you have the correct Backup address set as you log has an error or two about the backup location.

the problem just happened again, i checked CPU usage on the machine, its 0 !Taskmgr_JpfupT9pKO.png.872bc19c4fe475f5687ec12531c4523e.png

please advise 

Regarding the backup, there was no issue,  the old location does not exist, so i changed the location to a new location.

Would you mind installing the beta version and see if that makes any difference?

11 hours ago, Mohammednt0 said:

the problem just happened again, i checked CPU usage on the machine, its 0 !Taskmgr_JpfupT9pKO.png.872bc19c4fe475f5687ec12531c4523e.png

please advise 

Regarding the backup, there was no issue,  the old location does not exist, so i changed the location to a new location.

That process is just the little tray icon you see in the task bar.  Is the process "embyserver.exe" not there?  That is the actual server.

Mohammednt0
8 hours ago, cayars said:

Would you mind installing the beta version and see if that makes any difference?

can you provide me the link please , also what about my settings and data will it be gone if i install it?

Mohammednt0
2 hours ago, ebr said:

That process is just the little tray icon you see in the task bar.  Is the process "embyserver.exe" not there?  That is the actual server.

i can't see embyserver.exe !!, any clue ?

14 minutes ago, Mohammednt0 said:

can you provide me the link please , also what about my settings and data will it be gone if i install it?

I'm sorry thought this was an Android channel when I typed that.  Ignore that for WMC

13 minutes ago, Mohammednt0 said:

i can't see embyserver.exe !!, any clue ?

If you click on the NAME column they should sort by name.  Should look like this.

task.png

Mohammednt0
15 minutes ago, cayars said:

If you click on the NAME column they should sort by name.  Should look like this.

task.png

i just checked again and sorted them by name, there is no EmbyServer.exe, even embytray.exe does not have icon !!,

Taskmgr_okM7hNX1rG.png.998c5b99d3e8593448c7ffcd2c99a587.png

if i exit/close emby & run it again it will be good for few hours then this problem will come back again!

is there any setup file that will repair emby without deleting my emby data or settings?

You can shut down Emby Server and then do an install right on top.

Mohammednt0
57 minutes ago, cayars said:

You can shut down Emby Server and then do an install right on top.

and my data will be safe ? all the settings & all the libraries will be safe ?

@cayars I'm pretty sure none of this is related to WMC at all...

Neither one of you is running Emby under Windows Media Center, correct?

Mohammednt0
8 minutes ago, ebr said:

yes, if the topic  is in the wrong place feel free to move it, 

Edited by Mohammednt0

18 minutes ago, ebr said:

Could we move it to the proper section or close this out and start fresh in the proper section?

Happy2Play
26 minutes ago, cayars said:

Could we move it to the proper section or close this out and start fresh in the proper section?

Moved topic

18 hours ago, Adamhicks2009 said:

Log is attached.

embyserver.txt 9.51 MB · 2 downloads

Please try removing the CoverArt and ScripterX plugins, then restart the server and see if that helps. Thanks.