dashboard activity log

nadforever
Go to solution Solved by Carlo,

nadforever

I used to be able to open the dashbaord look at the activity and see what my users have watched and or when they have logged on recently. but now for some reason it is only shoing when the have logged on and logged off not showing what movies they have played. I have A VPN, would that be an issue with what vidoes they are playing?

Are you sure they are playing something?

Keep en eye on the Active Devices and you'll see when they play something.  Now go look at the Activity section and you should see it logged that they started playing something.

BTW, in can you didn't know you can click on the word ACTIVITY as well as DEVICES, etc to open them up in the full window.

Happy2Play

Might want to give the Playback Reporting plugin a look also.

nadforever
20 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, where are you looking?

Mainn dashboard area under activity. Ussualy would say who connected/disconnected and also who played what. Been doing great but in the last month-ish it only shows connections and disconnections and I know I have popped on a few times during them playing something and it showed in the active devices.  Even when I play something it doesn't show up in that log just says that I connected and or disconnected.  I have tried restarting my server. Still with no good results.  What is my next move?  Again my vpn should have nothing to do with this right?

Well if one is curious you could turn off the VPN and try it without that running.  Never hurts to be sure!

nadforever
22 hours ago, cayars said:

Well if one is curious you could turn off the VPN and try it without that running.  Never hurts to be sure!

Thank you was gonna do this but every time i got around to it somebody was watching something.   but just disconnected my VPN... its not that still not giving my a log of what movies/videos people played.

nadforever
15 hours ago, Luke said:

Did you try playing something new after doing that?

I have with the same result. still the activity log only is showing user online and disconnect's

Any chance you could try installing the Beta to see if this fixes your problem?

• 3 weeks later...
nadforever
On 7/23/2020 at 3:54 PM, cayars said:

Any chance you could try installing the Beta to see if this fixes your problem?

sorry, been busy. i can try are we sure this isn't going to mess up my setting or registered users?   one time I did something like this I lost some history and or info..

also happened one time when windows got messed up and i had to Wipe and reinstall windows and start fresh, the backup didn't work very well..  should I do a backup anyways before going to the beta?

will I be able to go back to standard after?

It shouldn't cause you any issues but of course it's "beta" not "released" so there is always a bit more risk involved. It has to be getting close to a release so if you'd rather just wait until then to avoid running a beta that's fine.

nadforever
5 hours ago, Luke said:

What happens if you turn off the vpn?

Turning off the VPN has no changes to Emby.. still acts the same way.

@nadforever as Luke mentioned I can Teamview in with you there and we can go over this together.

Send me a PM if you want to give this a try.

• Solution

I got a chance today to TeamView in with @nadforever and found the problem.

Samsung Smartthings plugin was installed but not configured.  So when certain events were fired off, this caused an error and was trapped but the catch/try is to high up in the code so no status events were taking place and the activity log was never getting updated.  If the error was trapped locally then the chain of normal events would have still happened.

This should be an easy fix @Luke