Download isn't working after paying for app unlock

temp313

temp313

Hey,

I've been using emby's web interface for a litte while now and decided to try installing the iOS app as well. The free part of the app wasn't really all that useful because I couldn't watch any of my movies or download anything, so i decided to pay the $6 to unlock these features.

I'm a little confused, because now I'm able to watch my videos just fine but for some reason I still can't download anything. It just tells me to get the premium subscription, but I'm just trying to download MY OWN video to my iPhone/iPad. I read a thread about why the app isn't compleatly free and I totally get why you'd charge users to unlock the "full version" of that app but I don't quite understand why it would require a premium subscription to download my video to my phone, when that's something I can easily do in the webinterface without a premium subscription.

Maybe this was unintended but the ability to download videos was the main reason for me to pay for that app so I don't really have much use for the app without it.

legallink

Download is a server feature, not an app feature. You have to be a premiere license holder to download on to your iphone/ipad.

temp313

Is it though? Downloading through the web interface works just fine and the app is just a frontend so the backend APIs to download stuff already exist and can be used without the need for a premiere license.

temp313

Yup, I just verified it. The server functionality to download videos doesn't require a premium subscription whatsoever.

It's just a simple GET request to this path.

https://emby.test.com/Items/<movie id>/Download?api_key=<redacted>&mediaSourceId=<movie hash>

So the download IS an app feature.

pwhodges

It's a server feature which is sensitive to which app is making the request - as Luke just said.

Paul