Option to play 4:3 TV-Shows as 16:9

Painkiller8818

Painkiller8818

I was looking in the settings but i couldn't find a way to play some old 4:3 tv shows as 16:9.

Isn't there an option for this? If not this should be implemented, would be really cool.

Happy2Play

I believe each client has the option for Fill or Cover.  In the web client if you click the gear during playback you have a Aspect Ratio options.

Edited by Happy2Play

Gilgamesh_48
9 minutes ago, Painkiller8818 said:

I was looking in the settings but i couldn't find a way to play some old 4:3 tv shows as 16:9.

Isn't there an option for this? If not this should be implemented, would be really cool.

As far as I know there is no such function and I doubt there ever will be as most folks do not want to perform aspect murder. 

You TV should have something like a "stretch" function to allow what you want and the TV is where that functionality belongs.

• Like 1

Gilgamesh_48
13 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

I believe each client has the option for Fill or Cover.  In the web client if you click the gear during playback you have a Aspect Ratio options.

I hope the developers did not waste much time doing that as it really belongs in the display device and not in Emby.

Edit to add: But thanks, while looking for this on my Roku, and hoping not to find it, I did not find it and found a bug that I have reported in the Roku beta forum.

Edited by Gilgamesh_48

Happy2Play
16 minutes ago, Gilgamesh_48 said:

I hope the developers did not waste much time doing that as it really belongs in the display device and not in Emby.

I know the web client and IOS app already have it, pretty sure others already do also.  But there my be specific clients that don't.