New Windows install, importing settings, but not much seems to import

davesurfer

davesurfer

So I added the Server Configuration Backup plugin, backed up everything. Then I wiped Windows and re-installed (was having playback issues with HEVC and other glitches). I installed Emby Server, did the quick setup wizard, then imported the backup, but it only imported the users, nothing else seemed to import. It didn't create the libraries or anything. Do I have to manually re-add the libraries in there? I assumed the backup would restore that so I don't have to remember how the libraries were configured. Please let me know thanks!

Happy2Play

Can you post the server log for when you did this Restore.  Shouldn't be needed but have you tried to restore a second time?

davesurfer

I did do it twice, then did a complete uninstall of Server and then re-installed. I thought it was because I had the same name for a user before I did the restore. Anyways I did it again, here's the log thanks!

embyserver.txt

Edited by davesurfer

Happy2Play

@Luke is this error killing the whole restore process even though it looks like everything is restored?

2020-07-11 19:17:01.405 Error HttpServer: Error processing request
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.4.3.0
	Command line: C:\Users\htpc\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll -noautorunwebapp
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	User Interactive: True
	Runtime: file:///C:/Users/htpc/AppData/Roaming/Emby-Server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	System.Environment.Version: 3.1.4
	Processor count: 4
	Program data path: C:\Users\htpc\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata
	Application directory: C:\Users\htpc\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
	SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException: Constraint: NOT NULL constraint failed: userdisplaypreferences.client
	SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException: Exception of type 'SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException' was thrown.
	   at SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException.CheckOk(sqlite3 db, Int32 rc)
	   at SQLitePCL.pretty.StatementImpl.MoveNext()
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Data.SqliteDisplayPreferencesRepository.SaveDisplayPreferences(DisplayPreferences displayPreferences, Guid userId, String client, IDatabaseConnection connection)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Data.SqliteDisplayPreferencesRepository.SaveAllDisplayPreferences(IEnumerable`1 displayPreferences, Guid userId, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at MBBackup.ServerEntryPoint.ExecuteRestore(BackupInfo settings, CancellationToken cancellationToken, IProgress`1 progress, Boolean isAuto)
	Source: SQLitePCL.pretty
	TargetSite: Void CheckOk(SQLitePCL.sqlite3, Int32)

2020-07-11 19:17:01.405 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 500 to ::1. Time: 1566ms. http://localhost:8096/emby/MBBackup/Profiles/Restore

davesurfer
3 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

@Luke is this error killing the whole restore process even though it looks like everything is restored?

*** Error Report ***
	Command line: C:\Users\htpc\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll -noautorunwebapp
	Runtime: file:///C:/Users/htpc/AppData/Roaming/Emby-Server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException: Constraint: NOT NULL constraint failed: userdisplaypreferences.client
	SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException: Exception of type 'SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException' was thrown.
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Data.SqliteDisplayPreferencesRepository.SaveDisplayPreferences(DisplayPreferences displayPreferences, Guid userId, String client, IDatabaseConnection connection)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Data.SqliteDisplayPreferencesRepository.SaveAllDisplayPreferences(IEnumerable`1 displayPreferences, Guid userId, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at MBBackup.ServerEntryPoint.ExecuteRestore(BackupInfo settings, CancellationToken cancellationToken, IProgress`1 progress, Boolean isAuto)

2020-07-11 19:17:01.405 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 500 to ::1. Time: 1566ms. http://localhost:8096/emby/MBBackup/Profiles/Restore

That's what was weird, nothing pops up saying that it completed or imported. The only thing when I click on the import, is the confirmation, then nothing happens or pops up.

Happy2Play

Technically the server should automatically restart upon the restore completion.

davesurfer
16 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

Technically the server should automatically restart upon the restore completion.

Nothing happens, or there's no notification of the server restarting etc.

davesurfer

So I went into Libraries and did find that the Collections, TV and Movies libraries were there, but the TV and Movie libraries had the wrong drive letters (possibly had changed after Windows re-install?). So I changed those to what they were supposed to be and did a metadata refresh. After library scans/metadata refresh it seems to be all there with playstates and resumes saved (phew). So just needed to change view/home settings for Theater, which I guess doesn't back up.

The one thing that I still need is to get our collections back, it seemed to have created the library for it, but because it cuts off the location I don't know if it's correct, and when I tried to add a new library for it, I was unsure on how to create it (the type etc.) Can you help? There are a few files in the location that I found for the collections folder, but when looking at the xml file it didn't have anything in it. I looked at the backup for collections and it had the same files. 

collections.jpg

collections2.jpg

• Like 1

Happy2Play

Collections reside in C:\Users\htpc\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\data\collections and if your library paths changed you will have to edit every collections.xml.  But note they are not part of what the plugin backs up and recovers.

https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001173192-collections-manual-migration

Edited by Happy2Play

If you create you collections using AutoBox plugin then run that and only edit collections you have manually created or ones not working correctly.

davesurfer
21 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

Collections reside in C:\Users\htpc\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\data\collections and if your library paths changed you will have to edit every collections.xml.  But note they are not part of what the plugin backs up and recovers.

https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001173192-collections-manual-migration

Oh I didn't know that, I thought collections were a part of the Emby system so they would back up. I should've manually copied those xml files I guess before formatting :(

21 hours ago, cayars said:

If you create you collections using AutoBox plugin then run that and only edit collections you have manually created or ones not working correctly.

I just added movies to collections, I didn't install any plugin specifically for that.

Before going crazy making your own collections try adding the Auto Box Sets.  This is a great plug in that will automatically build and keep updated "box sets" such as American Pie, Back to the Future, James Bond Collection, etc.  Then you can concentrate on other types of Collections you may want to manually add like a "Tom Hanks" or "2019 Oscars" collection.  Butthe Auto Box Sets plugin will do a lot of the grunt work for you.

If for some reason you don't like it, you can easily uninstall it.

davesurfer
7 hours ago, cayars said:

Before going crazy making your own collections try adding the Auto Box Sets.  This is a great plug in that will automatically build and keep updated "box sets" such as American Pie, Back to the Future, James Bond Collection, etc.  Then you can concentrate on other types of Collections you may want to manually add like a "Tom Hanks" or "2019 Oscars" collection.  Butthe Auto Box Sets plugin will do a lot of the grunt work for you.

If for some reason you don't like it, you can easily uninstall it.

Oh that's cool, yeah I'd rather something automatically just make collections for the most part, then add custom ones if I need to. Thanks I'll try it!

• Like 1

Let us know what you think after you run it the first time.

• 2 weeks later...
davesurfer
On 7/14/2020 at 2:50 PM, cayars said:

Let us know what you think after you run it the first time.

Thanks for letting me know about this plugin, it's sweet with nice box set covers and saves lots of time!

1 hour ago, davesurfer said:

Thanks for letting me know about this plugin, it's sweet with nice box set covers and saves lots of time!

Now if you haven't tried the Cover Art Plugin it's time to snazzy up your artwork with that.  Install that plugin and give it a shot.

Very customizable with overlay if you like for audio like DD, DTS, 3D etc. not shown.  I like the HD/SD and color coded box around the pics.  These all all HD with only one SD in the picture bottom right second to last.

covers.png

• 6 months later...
ttgapers
On 7/11/2020 at 10:42 PM, Happy2Play said:

*** Error Report ***

FYI, I am having this exact issue on a clean install and restore from backup. It stops on my original MB days first user. As such it does not import all the user data :(

Did we figure out how to get past this one?

My error:

2021-01-29 17:02:16.220 Error Server: Error processing request
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.6.0.22
	Command line: C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10.0.19042
	Framework: .NET Core 3.1.11
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: C:/Users/User/AppData/Roaming/Emby-Server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 12
	Data path: C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata
	Application path: C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
	TargetSite: Void CheckOk(SQLitePCLEx.sqlite3, Int32)

2021-01-29 17:02:16.220 Info Server: http/1.1 Response 500 to ::1. Time: 1748ms. http://localhost:8096/emby/MBBackup/Profiles/Restore?X-Emby-Client=Emby Web&X-Emby-Device-Name=Firefox&X-Emby-Device-Id=1f64eb34-d99b-466a-a34a-9b25d38d0eca&X-Emby-Client-Version=4.6.0.22

Thanks!

Edited by ttgapers
Updated with log entry

I'm guessing that's a pretty old backup? I can update the restore process to simply log the error and continue rather than failing the entire operation.

ttgapers

Nope it was from my most recent backup actually :(but only for 1 user (the first use ever created in MB) which is still using the old name format and not a generated GUID is the only difference I see. If I copy the original dbs (except library.db) after the import I don't have the issue and the user's play history, state etc. all appear to be ok.

So in short it would be good to just simply log the error and continue. I'd would be happy to test if the fix is fairly easy. I can also send the backup in question if you would like to test.

Cheer and thanks for the response.