Added buffering for live tv option?

syadnom

16 hours ago, CodeCat5 said:

@ebr This instance seemed to be fairly mild, but I think I managed to capture some logs where the audio cut out 3 times for a couple of seconds within the first minute or two. In this case I turned on my Nvidia Shield, went to Live TV, browsed the guide, and selected Fox 5 from the channel list from my antenna. It was in the middle of some kind of Nascar coverage, so no commercials or anything like that. Within the first 10-20 seconds or so i heard the audio cut out for a second or two. Then I heard it happen at least two more times within the next minute or so. Hopefully these logs have something useful for you.

ffmpeg-directstream-abdde4a8-08e2-4418-80cf-5ca7b1f27151_1(1).txt 104 kB · 0 downloads embyserver(1).txt 8.61 MB · 0 downloads

Are you using a receiver for your audio?  If so, any brief interruption of the stream will probably cause your receiver to mute itself for a second or two to avoid digital distortion.  What happens if you choose one of the stereo audio tracks instead of the 5.1?

freddyfinn

Had a similar issue driving me bonkers. 

No other app displayed this issue only emby Shield live TV. Replaced the HDMI lead between the Shield and TV to no avail then I thought I would replace the ARC lead to the soundbar as a last ditch measure. Low and behold no more audio drops or stutters. 

• Like 1

syadnom
On 7/20/2020 at 6:34 AM, ebr said:

Have you tried changing the same setting I suggested for CodeCat?

I can't seem to find such a setting.  The two players I have at home are a Roku Ultra and my iPhone and neither of them have that option as far as I can tell.

Guest CodeCat5
On 7/20/2020 at 8:36 AM, ebr said:

Are you using a receiver for your audio?  If so, any brief interruption of the stream will probably cause your receiver to mute itself for a second or two to avoid digital distortion.  What happens if you choose one of the stereo audio tracks instead of the 5.1?

That would make sense. I do have a receiver in the living room and it seems like it happens more often on a channel that has a weaker signal. I think I'd rather keep the default audio settings and just deal with it, but I'll keep that in mind as an option. Thanks for the help.