Emby server install On Nvidia BShield

RonK

I have a new Nividia Shield and need to install emby server on it. This is my first experience with Android and I don,t have a clue how to install the server software on the shield

Thank you for the link. It did not show up in any of the searches I tried. I was trying to help a close friend who is 120 miles away and had just purchased an Nvidia Shield and was looking to install a media server. I gifted him a Emby premier subscription so he wouldn't install Plex and we were trying to install it. Neither of us use Android so we were flying blind and a online chat with Nvidia Tech Support was fruitless. We eventually figured out the the lack of a file browser in the Shield was hampering our efforts so we installed one from the Google play store as we were able to find the Emby installer file and execute it. We probable should have installed it on his QNAP NAS but the Nvidia having a more modern processor seemed like a good idea.

Thanks for the reply

Edited by RonK
spelling

I found it via search "Shield Installation".  Any idea what terms you used for searching?  I can add them as keywords to help the search function find the article easier.

I'd install Emby on his NAS as well and give that a shot.  Test both servers. His premiere key can be used for both with no problem.  He/you might find you prefer working with one version more than the other.  The QNAP should have quicker access to his media assuming it holds the media!

That's a rather nice gift you gave him!  Need another friend?  LOL

I don't remember the exact terms i tried but clicking on the Nvidia Server Install icon from the Emby download page give a very rudimentary set of instructions  A link on this page to the more detailed instructions that you gave me would have solved all the problems we had.

This problem was caused mostly because of our inexperience with Android and most people probably would not have a problem. We've been Windows, MAC and IOS up to this point and the Shield has no detailed manual to help us along. We found a few things online and will have to go with that.

My friend has just purchased a bunch of 10 GB drives to upgrade his server and the migration is going to take awhile. If he runs the Emby server in the Shield with an attached drive he won't be out of business media wise while the update happens. I also think it's better for him to learn Emby on a test system before he commits to moving it to one of his Qnap NAS boxes. I use one of my NAS as a test platform to try things out before I commit to any major changes