OGG Vorbis not supported on LG OLED G8 (and probably others)

level20peon

level20peon

When I try to playback a video file (any video file) that has an OGG Vorbis audio stream, it doesn't start the playback but "hangs" at 0:00. If I put the movie file onto an USB stick and try to play it on the TV directly without emby, it tells me that there's no audio in that file.

According to the logs, emby tries to do a direct playback (without transcoding) so I think emby should default to transcode the audio on the LG App if vorbis is detected. So, there's no error log I can provide since emby just does the "normal" direct playback.

SamES
On 7/11/2020 at 7:52 PM, level20peon said:

When I try to playback a video file (any video file) that has an OGG Vorbis audio stream, it doesn't start the playback but "hangs" at 0:00. If I put the movie file onto an USB stick and try to play it on the TV directly without emby, it tells me that there's no audio in that file.

According to the logs, emby tries to do a direct playback (without transcoding) so I think emby should default to transcode the audio on the LG App if vorbis is detected. So, there's no error log I can provide since emby just does the "normal" direct playback.

Can you please attach the media info for one of your ogg files and I'll check and remove this if required?  Thanks

level20peon

I found out that some vorbis files work after all; 2 channel files seem to be played just fine. But 6 channel files don't work. Please find both examples attached.

2Ch.mkv 6Ch.mkv