Odd behavior with Weezer albums

yardameus
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

yardameus

Just recently (didn't look into it until tonight, but I think I noticed something a couple days ago) the Artist "Weezer" suddenly got changed to "Raditude", which is a name of one of their albums.  Now, looking at that in the metadata manager it looks like this. 

53c5fdd89ac55_Capture7.jpgNow, when i try and go back and change it back, MBS keeps thinking it's an album, not an artist or album artist.  I tried deleting all of the corresponding info in Windows explorer, but it still keeps it as Raditude.  I'm looking right now for some related logs.  Only seems to have happened to Weezer, as far as I can tell.

yardameus

Removed and re-added whole Weezer folder.  This is the log from the ensuing library scan.  Does anyone know how to make it recognize Weezer as an artist, by the name Weezer?

server-63541064948.zip

yardameus

That's what I figured as well, and as soon as I do that, it just saves an album.xml file in the artist folder.  The odd thing is, all of the individual albums and songs have the proper metadata, including artist and album artist.  All was fine a week ago.

Edited by yardameus

psykix

You'll have to wait for someone to check the log file. I added Weezer - Raditude (not my cup of tea mind you!) to see what happened and it was picked up just fine.

It seems odd that it has an album metadata page for an item at the artist level.

• Like 1

yardameus

Yeah, that's what I figured.  Nothing is wrong with the individual albums, so it's nothing has been "altered" other than saying that weezer the artist is raditude the album/artist.

yardameus

Any help with getting the server to stop thinking this is an album would be great.  I tried deleting any and all .xml or .nfo files.  It still keeps saying this is an album amongst artists.  Very weird considering this is not a very obscure artist.  I don't know if this is a MB issue, or a provider (musicbrainz, audiodb) issue or what.  I guess it's just the ocd in me making this an issue, but it would be really annoying if it became a bigger issue with no resolution.  My thanks to anyone with ideas.

Necker

I don't think this is just related to this album as i seem to have the same issue with a number of my artist/albums. All was showing ok until the recent beta update (now on version 3.0.5309.26857). Now a number of my albums are showing up as artists. And for each one that is affected all the music for that artist is now grouped under that one album.

The folder structure for the affected artist/albums is exactly the same as the ones that are still ok and all the metadata at the song level looks ok, so i can't figure out what is causing this.

For example this is how michael jackson now looks in the metadata manager:

post-476-0-81781400-1405763506_thumb.jpg

• Solution

the numberic values in the album names are causing the server to think it's a single album with disc 1, disc 2, etc. i'll review for the next release.

• Like 1

yardameus

Some of the folders (albums) in my Weezer directory had [Deluxe] after the album name, and once I removed them and refreshed everything, it all went back to normal.  I don't know if that's a seperate issue, but it seemed to fix it.  I just either removed the [Deluxe] or changed it to (Deluxe).

RaxPower

Ive noticed this as well. As i tended to name albums [album] - disc 1/2 (but give them the same musicbrainz album id)

Mainly because i wanted to display them as separate in the album view but link to the same musicbrainz page.

Right now this is breaking all the multi disc albums i have, unless i go back and take that out.

I went to play back to black by amy winehouse today (flac) and it had gone...

also noticed the album Frank had gone(wma)

deleted all the metadata and rescanned and it still only picked up lioness..

I thought it might be a flac issue, but all the other flac albums I have are fine.

it doesn't seem to have affected any other artist as far as I can tell. VERY random!

any clues?

i'll post logs tomoz if no immediate ideas are abound, i'm off to bed!!!

ok, so I just looked in the web client and all the SONGS are listed but the albums are not (just lioness)

now I am defo off to bed....

I've just moved amy winehouse, deleted the location in metadata manager. moved it back rescanned - allsorts of music issues now. artists showing up as albums and vice versa....

log to follow

@@Luke is there a specific naming convention we should/shouldn't be following to avoid this? Surely CD1 & special edition etc. Are common naming conventions???

Seems all the items I have issue with are associated with these...

Sent by lumia 1020 & Tapatalk

FrostByte

For multidisc cds I started using different disc id tags and leave the album name the same for all discs and place all discs in the same folder which works for me.  This seems to work better identifying my albums with music brainz than when I used the album name "disc 1", "disc 2" before like you're doing.  However, a lot of my music is fubar right now also.   Albums under an artist are merged into random albums, different weird stuff, sort of a mess :)

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 1

following these two topics that seem to intertwine

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/8809-odd-behavior-with-weezer-albums/

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/9011-lost-albums-in-music/

i'd just like to know what's changed with music management? Multi-disc album support has gone right down the crapper in one of the last few server releases. I had no problems previously?

I've tried allsorts of folder structures to get them to read correctly and can't the server ends up calling say a 3 disc album "classic trance nation disc2" with no rhyme or reason ? I've tried stacking them separately under the artist, or in one top level folder under the artist - then cd1,2&3.. neither of which seems to work very well.

Also as seen in the aforementioned topics Artists are becoming Albums and allsorts....

This would be VERY off-putting for a new user with a big interest in music management. i'm borderline re-enabling the music library in WMC myself! doesn't help me on my phone or Roku though...

Some guidance on folder structure for multi-disc albums would be great because anything I try doesn't seem to work.

for those of you running the dev server please post a server log using the build that just went up. the behavior will still be the same so nothing should be different

@@Luke would it be possible to use metadata from within the media files in music? I'd rather cycle everything once thru foobar than use musicbrainz judging by the output I'm getting presently...

Sent by lumia 1020 & Tapatalk