Specials vs extras

MndWrp

MndWrp

Maybe this has been discussed in the past (im fairly new around here...) But should there be a way to distinguish show specials (actual episodes that fall between seasons) and extras that are usually dvd bonus features, "making of" kinda stuff...

Right now everything resides in season 0 and the metadata does the magic but what i was hoping to achieve was having the special episodes lodged in between the seasons in the season posters. Maybe a way to achieve that would be through season fractions? So you have season 1, 2, 3, 3.5, 4, 5 etc... 3.5 being a special episode that resides there and could have its own poster etc...

Thoughts?

Koleckai Silvestri

You can edit the special episodes and adjust where they should appear by specifying the before and after or the absolute episode numbers.

Not at my PC or I would add some screenshots.

MndWrp

i know about that feature and i use it for season dvd bonus material, but if the special episode also end up in there it ends up being a bit confusing to sort what is a special episode and what is a bonus "making of" kind of thing .. i was just hoping to have a way to have the special episodes stand out a bit more. having the ability to set an actual decimal season would make them stand out in the seasons poster overview

example you would have posters for

Doctor who series 1

Doctor who series 1.5 (the christmas invasion)

Doctor who series 2

Doctor who series 2.5 (the runaway bride)

Doctor who series 3

etc

...and the dvd bonus "making of" stuff would reside within the seasons using the "display after season x" feature you mentioned

anyways .. i love the product nontheless!

keep it up guys !

Koleckai Silvestri

So go to "The Christmas Invasion". Click the Edit Button. In the Special Episode Info section put 1 in the "Airs After Season" field and it will appear at the end of Season 1. If you want it to appear at the beginning of Season 2, enter 2 in the "Air Before Season" field. If you want it before or after a specific episode, edit the "Airs Before Episode" field.

X85HJVq.png

This is from "Day of the Doctor". I just want it at the end of season 7 so that is all I entered. The episode number of 83 puts it in order with the other specials. For the "Pond Life" shorts, I have them set to "Air Before Season" 7 and they appear at the beginning.

Posters would be interesting but none of the metadata providers show them that way nor do the images necessarily exist.

Edited by Wayne Luke

MndWrp

that is actually what i have been doing so far with the specials .. i was just hoping to get a little extra flexibility in the setup process

as far as posters go, you right, might be hard to come by, so i make my own and upload them regularly to fanart to share back to the community

anyways .. thanks for the help, much appreciated !

.. and to the powers that be .. decimal seasons .. sleep on it  :P