Emby plays wrong episode

McKalips
Go to solution Solved by McKalips,

McKalips

I have a lot of old tv shows saved as mp4's. I added my first series "Broadside" , and each episode played back correctly. Next, I added "The Westerner", and those episodes play back correctly.

When I go back and select  " Broadside" again, everything looks correct (thumbnails, episode description), but when I play episode 1, it plays episode 1 of "The Westerner"

I'm pretty sure I have the files named correctly. I did have about 30 series in my library, and a lot of the episodes were " crossed up". Deleting and re-adding libraries didn't solve the problem.

Any chance you can upload a couple of pics of your disc layout with these series?

McKalips

I couldn't get a screenshot to work, but these are the file paths with episode 1 of each series C:\Users\mckal\Videos\TV\Broadside (1964)\Season 1 Broadside S01E01 .mp4 C:\Users\mckal\Videos\TV\The Westerner (1960) The Westerner 1960 S01E01 Jeff

Happy2Play

It sounds like your server is multi-versioning different series from what you have described.  But don't see how that is possible with the structure you have listed.  But we would need to see what you see.

McKalips

I'm not really sure what you need to see, it's just that everything LOOKS correct on my dashboard,but the wrong episode plays.

I don`t know if this is related, but neither of these libraries pick up any series or episode metadata. Are they just too obscure, or is there something else going on?

Happy2Play
On 7/10/2020 at 3:12 PM, McKalips said:

When I go back and select  " Broadside" again, everything looks correct (thumbnails, episode description), but when I play episode 1, it plays episode 1 of "The Westerner"

When you enter the episode details for Broadside S01E01 is the a version drop down box in the web client?

31 minutes ago, McKalips said:

I'm not really sure what you need to see, it's just that everything LOOKS correct on my dashboard,but the wrong episode plays.

I don`t know if this is related, but neither of these libraries pick up any series or episode metadata. Are they just too obscure, or is there something else going on?

The complete folder contents would be best, thanks.

@McKalips Any chance you could install TeamViewer and PM me the ID and one-time use password.  If you get this and have time tonight we can do it now or schedule it for tomorrow or Monday.  It could very well be something we can correct quickly.

If not I can report back to those helping here the info needed.

• Solution
McKalips

I found my problem. When I first set up my library, I didn't realize that I was supposed to to add the "root" directory that contained all of my shows

and I was adding each show individually.

I really appreciate you guys trying to help me out, Thank you!

• Like 1