Automatically merge movies in diferrent folders

SOz92

Hi,

In the TV Shows library there's is an option to merge from diferrents folders, thats works good.

¿It's possible to put the same option for the movies? I actually use different hard drives for different qualitys, so when I put a library I have a lot of movies that i have to group manually.

I know there is a plugin doing something similar, but that plugin merge all libraries, and i want some library separated than others because I have for example a uniqe library with GDrive Movies, 3D movies separated... etc

I think it would be nice have that option just like tv shows.

Thanks

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, yes it's possible for the future. In the meantime there is a community plugin to help automate this.

@Happy2Play can you link to that? Thanks.

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, Luke said:

Hi, yes it's possible for the future. In the meantime there is a community plugin to help automate this.

@Happy2Play can you link to that? Thanks.

I asked this before but was wondering if we could tag the merged movies names with /4K and /HD as it does (shows) /3D movies.

Because on the shield tv you have to know the 4K audio type to know what movie format your trying to watch unless it's 3D because it shows you that it's 3D (this is also a problem on the roku)

Please see the above pic that i believe happy2play posted or maybe @mikeplanet could help with this as my mother, mother-in-law etc... have a hard time figuring out what movie format is what. 

Thanks 

Not currently, but we can look into improving that display in future updates. Thanks.

I guess that display is only an issue with manually merged items.  If using our automatic merging, it shows the resolution.

I'm using the plugin and on nvidia shield it shows on the 2nd row under the movie title (star rating, year, duration, movie rating) then you see 4K/4K/1080/3D but you can't select those. 

The plugin drop down box is what i was referring to... need to be able to see what movie format your picking to watch. Also when you are watching a 4K movie and stop then go to continue watching it defaults to the HD version not the 4K you have to manually go back and pick it again for some reason.