Problem with audio after Phillips Android TV firmware update

raudraido

Same here... updated Philips TV with newest Android Update. Playing without receiver is fine (Stereo Audio at TV) but when enabling the receiver and playing AC3 Audio it freezes. DTS is working fine. We're using HDMI ARC

When enabling "Stereo mixdown" in playback-settings it's working as well, but then the Sound is stereo only. With setting to "auto" the issue shows up again. 

Edited by eyeSome

On 9/30/2020 at 2:00 PM, eyeSome said:

Same here... updated Philips TV with newest Android Update. Playing without receiver is fine (Stereo Audio at TV) but when enabling the receiver and playing AC3 Audio it freezes. DTS is working fine. We're using HDMI ARC

When enabling "Stereo mixdown" in playback-settings it's working as well, but then the Sound is stereo only. With setting to "auto" the issue shows up again. 

@eyeSome can we please look at an example? Thanks.

eyeSome

Hey @Luke

what do you need to "have a look at"? At server side everything looks fine, on client side you only can see that the picture stucks and looks like its freezed, then plays for a second with sound, than freezes again and so on... this was working fine before the android-tv-update. Looks like the embedded player is having trouble playing ac3 audio since updating the android-tv. 

On 10/5/2020 at 5:53 AM, eyeSome said:

Hey @Luke

what do you need to "have a look at"? At server side everything looks fine, on client side you only can see that the picture stucks and looks like its freezed, then plays for a second with sound, than freezes again and so on... this was working fine before the android-tv-update. Looks like the embedded player is having trouble playing ac3 audio since updating the android-tv. 

Let's look at an example using how to report a media playback issue. thanks !

4 hours ago, eyeSome said:

Looks like updating the Server to v4.5.2.0 fixed the Issue 🤔

Good to hear.  Thanks for reporting back.

• 2 weeks later...
janhjanh

I do also have this problem. Again, its a Philips with latest firmware from October 22. Latest emby beta app and server 4.6.0.4. I have also tried everything in the app settings, in the tv settings (no mixdown). A look at "statistics for nerds" showed "local mixdown" to stereo in my h264 mpk file wich has DDP 5.1. it is absolutely ompossible to get a 5.1 signal from the emby app no matter what settings i try. Disney, Netflix, Amazon and all other video apps on the tv gives me 5.1 via optical but not Emby.

As i am not the best to get all these log files - nothing is included. I will try to find out how to do it.

janhjanh

Hi Luke

Sadly that didn't help. The nerd statistics showed no downmixing, but it still only produced stereo. It did though send another signal to the receiver so I got "fake" surround with Dolby Surround, but no Dolby+. I have also tried with VLC - and the problem is there as well. It seems to be a Philips problem.