Problem with audio after Phillips Android TV firmware update

raudraido

raudraido

After my Philips TV 903oled latest firmware update, emby app went completly unusable. It crashes before even starting to play video. Everything else works. VLC, netflix etc. I did factory reset as well. Did not help. How can I understand whats wrong?

Edited by raudraido

Hi.  What version of Android is the TV on now?  Also, what version of the app?

Thanks.

raudraido

Hi,

App version: 1.8.10g

Emby server 4.4.3.0

Philips TV firmware  TPM171E_R.107.001.132.000 which is Android Oreo 8.0.0 based software

Hi.  Can you tell us exactly what you are doing in the app and what happens?

raudraido

Hit play and video wont start. Blue ring appears and then crash/restart of the app or TV Itself.  Sometimes black screen and movie just wont start. Can navigate back to emby. Some files are playing, others not. I do not find any connection between files which are not playing. 

Sammy

Maybe start with uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

If that doesn't work, post logs.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

raudraido
5 hours ago, Sammy said:

Maybe start with uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

If that doesn't work, post logs.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Did that. No help. Where I can get logs? Server logs shows direct play. It’s not transcoding problem

2 minutes ago, raudraido said:

I did that as well

You sent the log from the app?  If so, then yes we need the information requested in the instructions:

Then add the following information to your report in the forum:

• Exactly what you were doing and what happened.  Include the name of whatever you played if it is a playback problem
  • The time you sent the log (in Eastern Time please - UTC -5)
  • The name of the Emby user on the local server that was logged in at the time

Thanks.

• 1 month later...
raudraido
On 7/11/2020 at 7:22 PM, ebr said:

You sent the log from the app?  If so, then yes we need the information requested in the instructions:

Thanks.

I was trying to play Seven Worlds, One Planet (2019) - S01E02 - Asia.mkv file, it did not start. After a lot of unresponsive blue ring scrolling on the screen, emby goes back to app main screen.
Sent log 19:29 (GMT +3)
User name: Raido Raud

Edited by raudraido

Looks like the TV is having a problem with the audio but it is hard to tell.  I would suspect it is some sort of firmware bug or device-specific issue with Exo and that firmware.  The app is being shut down for not responding during loading of the video - which is very strange.

The latest beta of the app updates Exo.  If it is possible for you to test that, we may get lucky...

raudraido
10 minutes ago, ebr said:

Looks like the TV is having a problem with the audio but it is hard to tell.  I would suspect it is some sort of firmware bug or device-specific issue with Exo and that firmware.  The app is being shut down for not responding during loading of the video - which is very strange.

The latest beta of the app updates Exo.  If it is possible for you to test that, we may get lucky...

Latest beta of android app?
EDIT: It is some kind of sound problem, when I unplugged my receiver from TV, file plays without problems

Edited by raudraido

12 minutes ago, ebr said:

Looks like the TV is having a problem with the audio

Try changing some of the TVs audio settings...

raudraido
11 minutes ago, ebr said:

Try changing some of the TVs audio settings...

No luck. All other media is playing correctly, DTS-MA, DD TRUE-HD etc

Hi,

Can up take a screen shot of the bottom of the detail page in a web browser for one or two of these episodes.

That will allow us to see the metadata for these files and get a better idea about their content.

Thanks,

Emby Team

raudraido
17 minutes ago, cayars said:

Hi,

Can up take a screen shot of the bottom of the detail page in a web browser for one or two of these episodes.

That will allow us to see the metadata for these files and get a better idea about their content.

Thanks,

Emby Team

General
Unique ID                   : 147843347425361748830164867608814975618 (0x6F3997CE1810D1820B874FAE9D1A7A82)
Complete name               : E:\TV\Seven Worlds, One Planet (2019) TV Series\Season S01\Seven Worlds, One Planet (2019) - S01E02 - Asia.mkv
Format                      : Matroska
Format version              : Version 4
File size                   : 2.68 GiB
Duration                    : 57 min 42 s
Overall bit rate            : 6 654 kb/s
Encoded date                : UTC 2019-12-09 11:36:11
Writing application         : mkvmerge v20.0.0 ('I Am The Sun') 64-bit
Writing library             : libebml v1.3.5 + libmatroska v1.4.8
Writing frontend            : StaxRip v1.7.0.6

Video
ID                          : 1
Format                      : HEVC
Format/Info                 : High Efficiency Video Coding
Format profile              : Main 10@L4@Main
Codec ID                    : V_MPEGH/ISO/HEVC
Duration                    : 57 min 42 s
Bit rate                    : 5 996 kb/s
Width                       : 1 920 pixels
Height                      : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio        : 16:9
Frame rate mode             : Constant
Frame rate                  : 25.000 FPS
Color space                 : YUV
Chroma subsampling          : 4:2:0
Bit depth                   : 10 bits
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)          : 0.116
Stream size                 : 2.42 GiB (90%)
Writing library             : x265 3.2+5-gfbe9fef31:[Windows][GCC 9.2.0][64 bit] 10bit
Encoding settings           : cpuid=1111039 / frame-threads=3 / numa-pools=12 / wpp / no-pmode / no-pme / no-psnr / no-ssim / log-level=2 / input-csp=1 / input-res=1920x1080 / interlace=0 / total-frames=86550 / level-idc=0 / high-tier=1 / uhd-bd=0 / ref=5 / no-allow-non-conformance / no-repeat-headers / annexb / no-aud / no-hrd / info / hash=0 / no-temporal-layers / open-gop / min-keyint=25 / keyint=250 / gop-lookahead=0 / bframes=8 / b-adapt=2 / b-pyramid / bframe-bias=0 / rc-lookahead=80 / lookahead-slices=4 / scenecut=40 / radl=0 / no-splice / no-intra-refresh / ctu=64 / min-cu-size=8 / no-rect / no-amp / max-tu-size=32 / tu-inter-depth=1 / tu-intra-depth=1 / limit-tu=0 / rdoq-level=2 / dynamic-rd=0.00 / no-ssim-rd / signhide / no-tskip / nr-intra=0 / nr-inter=0 / no-constrained-intra / no-strong-intra-smoothing / max-merge=3 / limit-refs=3 / limit-modes / me=3 / subme=5 / merange=57 / temporal-mvp / no-hme / weightp / no-weightb / no-analyze-src-pics / deblock=-3:-3 / no-sao / no-sao-non-deblock / rd=4 / selective-sao=0 / no-early-skip / rskip / no-fast-intra / no-tskip-fast / no-cu-lossless / no-b-intra / no-splitrd-skip / rdpenalty=0 / psy-rd=2.00 / psy-rdoq=1.00 / no-rd-refine / no-lossless / cbqpoffs=0 / crqpoffs=0 / rc=abr / bitrate=6000 / qcomp=0.60 / qpstep=4 / stats-write=0 / stats-read=2 / cplxblur=20.0 / qblur=0.5 / ipratio=1.40 / pbratio=1.30 / aq-mode=3 / aq-strength=1.00 / cutree / zone-count=0 / no-strict-cbr / qg-size=32 / no-rc-grain / qpmax=69 / qpmin=0 / no-const-vbv / sar=0 / overscan=0 / videoformat=5 / range=0 / colorprim=2 / transfer=2 / colormatrix=2 / chromaloc=0 / display-window=0 / cll=0,0 / min-luma=0 / max-luma=1023 / log2-max-poc-lsb=8 / vui-timing-info / vui-hrd-info / slices=1 / no-opt-qp-pps / no-opt-ref-list-length-pps / no-multi-pass-opt-rps / scenecut-bias=0.05 / no-opt-cu-delta-qp / no-aq-motion / no-hdr / no-hdr-opt / no-dhdr10-opt / no-idr-recovery-sei / analysis-reuse-level=5 / scale-factor=0 / refine-intra=0 / refine-inter=0 / refine-mv=1 / refine-ctu-distortion=0 / no-limit-sao / ctu-info=0 / no-lowpass-dct / refine-analysis-type=0 / copy-pic=1 / max-ausize-factor=1.0 / no-dynamic-refine / no-single-sei / no-hevc-aq / no-svt / no-field / qp-adaptation-range=1.00
Default                     : Yes
Forced                      : No

Audio
ID                          : 2
Format                      : AAC LC
Format/Info                 : Advanced Audio Codec Low Complexity
Codec ID                    : A_AAC-2
Duration                    : 57 min 41 s
Bit rate                    : 662 kb/s
Channel(s)                  : 8 channels
Channel layout              : C L R Ls Rs Lb Rb LFE
Sampling rate               : 48.0 kHz
Frame rate                  : 46.875 FPS (1024 SPF)
Compression mode            : Lossy
Delay relative to video     : 20 ms
Stream size                 : 268 MiB (10%)
Language                    : English
Default                     : Yes

Text
ID                          : 3
Format                      : PGS
Muxing mode                 : zlib
Codec ID                    : S_HDMV/PGS
Codec ID/Info               : Picture based subtitle format used on BDs/HD-DVDs
Duration                    : 56 min 29 s
Bit rate                    : 31.0 kb/s
Count of elements           : 762
Stream size                 : 12.5 MiB (0%)
Language                    : English
Default                     : No

Menu
00:00:00.000                : en:Chapter 1
00:12:55.640                : en:Chapter 2
00:22:14.120                : en:Chapter 3
00:32:51.200                : en:Chapter 4
00:39:17.200                : en:Chapter 5
00:48:13.000                : en:Chapter 6

Kind of what I thought they would be.

HEVC or h.265 10 bit files.

Can you try putting a couple of these files on a thumb drive and plug directly into the TV and play them back this way?  Do they play?

raudraido
51 minutes ago, cayars said:

Kind of what I thought they would be.

HEVC or h.265 10 bit files.

Can you try putting a couple of these files on a thumb drive and plug directly into the TV and play them back this way?  Do they play?

Some sort of audio problem between TV and receiver. Works well only without receiver attached to TV. 

FrostByte
23 hours ago, raudraido said:

Latest beta of android app?
EDIT: It is some kind of sound problem, when I unplugged my receiver from TV, file plays without problems

The latest version of the ATV beta with the Exoplayer update ebr mentioned can be downloaded from the link below.  It will need to be sideloaded

• Like 1

raudraido
22 hours ago, FrostByte said:

The latest version of the ATV beta with the Exoplayer update ebr mentioned can be downloaded from the link below.  It will need to be sideloaded

I narrowed down the problem. Video does not matter at all, problem occurs only with AAC 7.1 sound. It just does not work, if I'm choosing different audio track from that same media, it will work. Even 7.1 TrueHD works, but not AAC 7.1.

So, when I choose TrueHD 7.1, which is not supported thru ARC, emby transcodes it to 5.1, but it does not do that with AAC 7.1

Bug?

FrostByte

There were some updates to AAC 7.1 playback recently in the updated Exoplayer   Did you try to sideloading the beta with the new exoplayer?

raudraido
2 hours ago, FrostByte said:

There were some updates to AAC 7.1 playback recently in the updated Exoplayer   Did you try to sideloading the beta with the new exoplayer?

I did try a little without luck.

• Sad 1