Single Movie Not Being Added

b6ryewhiskey

b6ryewhiskey

I have one movie that Emby isn't adding to my movie library. It is The Seven Year Itch (1955).

Permissions and folder structure are the same as my other movies, with the emby user being part of the media group. Changing permissions so the the directory and file were owned by emby:emby didn't help, and neither did changing permissions to 777.

[user@hostname The Seven Year Itch (1955)]$ ls -la
total 4615864
drwxr-sr-x.   2 media media       4096 Jul 10 10:01  .
drwxr-sr-x. 353 media media      20480 Jul 10 10:43  ..
-rw-r--r--.   2 media media 4726612194 Jul  9 23:44 'The Seven Year Itch (1955).mkv'

It doesn't even appear as an unidentified movie, it seems like as far as Emby is concerned it doesn't exist. Weirdly enough when I move the folder to my TV directory it does get scanned and added as an unidentified show, but that's not where it belongs...

Fresh debug log (embyserver.txt) from this morning after moving then re-adding the folder and scanning is attached. I also attached the previous debug log (embyserver-2.txt). I'm kind of at a loss here. I've tried restarted the service, rebooting the server, playing with permissions as I mentioned above and no luck. Any insight into what I'm doing wrong would be appreciated.

embyserver.txt embyserver-2.txt

b6ryewhiskey

I just did another scan and it picked it up this time (over 12 hours later with numerous scans run in between...), along with a documentary I forgot I uploaded to the server but apparently was never added to the library. I'm even more confused now but at least it's recognized now.

b6ryewhiskey

@Luke I don't know if the logs help or not, but the permissions on the documentary were mixed up (group could not read). Is it possible that was causing a problem for the library scan and prevented it from seeing other files?

The files are in their own separate directories with the film having proper permissions, so I'd think it would have scanned the movie and not even noticed the documentary, but that's all I can think of right now.

It could cause a problem yes. It could cause the server to not be able to see the files at all.