Startup Error

beescuit

beescuit

Hi, I was trying to install Emby on my qnap (TS-659 Pro+ not sure if its even supported), but for some reason it can't start up.

If I try to open it from qnap's panel, the port is closed.

I've tried to run .qpkg/EmbyServer/emby-server.sh with a shell and it returns the following error:

The library libhostfxr.so was found, but loading it from /share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/system/libhostfxr.so failed
  - Installing .NET Core prerequisites might help resolve this problem.
     https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=2063370

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
PenkethBoy

I have the same NAS although its been in storage for several years - i did get Emby to run on it but the QNAP OS  is 32bit so the x86-64 package wont work

As for which package you need for the current emby server - not sure - but @Luke can advise on that.

at the time i last tested it 2-3 years ago Emby installed fine and worked but with the qmono package (from qnap club)

The problem you will get is that the NAS is very underpowered compared to today's hardware - so any client that needs any sort of remux or transcode of content is well beyond the capabilities of the NAS - it will stream and direct play content fine even 4k movies/episodes - but that means you will have to curate your content to make that possible depending on what your clients support.

Thank you for your answer
Maybe I'm wrong, but uname says that architecture is x86-64.

[~] # uname -a
Linux St 3.4.6 #1 SMP Thu Jun 11 10:08:02 CST 2020 x86_64 unknown

I have Plex installed, it works fine without transcoding, but does not support iptv, I want to test how the Embi will work on the old NAS.

Edited by insan

PenkethBoy

well its several years beyond end of life - for qnap os and hardware

the last 7 firmware updates for the 459 have been only security patches - nothing new - essentially dead hardware

2 minutes ago, PenkethBoy said:

well its several years beyond end of life - for qnap os and hardware

the last 7 firmware updates for the 459 have been only security patches - nothing new - essentially dead hardware

Yea i'm just curious if he actually downloaded the package from their website, or if he installed an old version from the qnap web interface.

57 minutes ago, Luke said:

Did plex stop releasing updates for this model? I don't see a 32-bit download on their website.

Plex stopped releasing updates for this model, last update was about year ago.

53 minutes ago, Luke said:

Yea i'm just curious if he actually downloaded the package from their website, or if he installed an old version from the qnap web interface.

Both ways. Plex was installed from qnap app center, updates was istalled sometimes from app center, sometimes after downloading directly from plex website. Because new versions appears in app center after some time.

About Linux version. I have installed 64-bit arch opkg packages... How can its possible on 32-bit Linux?

[~] # opkg print-architecture
arch all 1
arch noarch 1
arch x86-64 10

Ok, I don't know exactly what the problem is. Either we need to build a specific package for this device, or we need a 32-bit package.

So I'll give the same answer that I gave to the Synology users yesterday about their older (very old) device. We'll add it to our backlog, but I can't say if/when we might be able to get to it, as we'll have to prioritize development for newer devices higher.

Thank you.

I installed Emby on the Ubuntu. To try iptv Emby premiere is neccessary as I can see, and Emby for my old NAS not actual more )