Export Watched Dates

qazwsx10

qazwsx10

This may be a straightforward question, but is there a way to export all of the watch dates for each media by user (definitely movies, but TV shows would be nice as well)?

If I remember correctly there was a database we could manipulate.

Happy2Play

The Server Configuration Backup plugin does this for Premiere user.

But all the information is in the library.db in the Userdatas table, but would make a backup of the database if you are planning to manipulate anything.

As a note id is by userid reference in the users.db.

Edited by Happy2Play

qazwsx10
1 minute ago, Happy2Play said:

The Server Configuration Backup plugin does this for Premiere user.

But all the information is in the library.db in the Userdatas table, but would make a backup of the database if you are planning to manipulate anything.

Thank you for the quick help, I'll look into it and get back to you!

I still need to purchase a premiere account. Do you know if there are ever discounts? Definitely biased, but during COVID-19 is a great time to get customers!

Happy2Play
3 minutes ago, qazwsx10 said:

Thank you for the quick help, I'll look into it and get back to you!

I still need to purchase a premiere account. Do you know if there are ever discounts? Definitely biased, but during COVID-19 is a great time to get customers!

Not that I am aware of. 

What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

• Like 1

I'll piggy back on what Happy2Play asked.

What are you trying to accomplish?

We have a plugin that can export watched status to Trakt. But unless we know what you want to accomplish we can't make any recommendations how to do it or point you in a direction to do what you want to do.

• Like 1

qazwsx10

34 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Not that I am aware of. 

What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

3 minutes ago, cayars said:

I'll piggy back on what Happy2Play asked.

What are you trying to accomplish?

We have a plugin that can export watched status to Trakt. But unless we know what you want to accomplish we can't make any recommendations how to do it or point you in a direction to do what you want to do.

We made it a New Year's goal to watch more new movies and TV shows, so I was planning on exporting the dates we watched anything throughout the year and make a visual document out of it. I'm still hashing it out, but I'm thinking...

1. A document the contains the poster of every media along with the date we saw it.
  2. A timeline of the entire the year with a poster of the media over individual dates we saw the material.

If this exists, definitely let me know! This was more a fun project for us.

Edited by qazwsx10

Happy2Play

Sounds like you want to look at the Playback Reporting plugin, but it only goes off the time it is installed as it has its own database. 

But as for exporting this information I don't know of anything currently available.

qazwsx10
7 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Sounds like you want to look at the Playback Reporting plugin, but it only goes off the time it is installed as it has its own database. 

But as for exporting this information I don't know of anything currently available.

Oh wow, I did not know this was a thing! I actually never used a plug-in that didn't come standard with Emby before, so I'll to research this before implementing it.

I'll try and comb through the library.db to see if I can find anything. I'll report back!

• Like 1

qazwsx10
On 7/16/2020 at 9:26 AM, Luke said:

Let us know how you get on. Thanks.

I haven't had an opportunity to run through the database yet, but I'm EXTREMELY certain it is there. I just installed the trakt plugin (for the first time on a new server for testing), and after my initial sync to it, the dashboard shows the date I manually selected the watch status of some previous media. For instance, I was going through and selected "watched" on some movies we had seen a few years ago and they all appeared as "watched" within trakt on the day I specifically changed its status.

The only issue I potentially for see and haven't tested yet is if we watch a movie more than once.