Movie not showing up after Library Scan.

vhodh

vhodh

Hello,

Setup: Unraid/Docker (official repo @ emby/embyserver:latest)

I am having an issue with a single movie not showing up in Emby after a scan. The movie in question is "In Jackson Heights (2015)".

Firstly, it did not show up during a normal "scan for changes" type scan that automatically occurs after a movie has been processed on my server.

Secondly, it does not show up after a manual library "Scan Library Files" scan.

I use Radarr to create .nfo files for my media, and it has done so accurately by finding the correct imdb listing (tt4936064) and creating an appropriate, complete metadata file.

I have attached an embyserver.txt file (debugging enabled) from just before I ran the scan. I see one error, but will not guess as to its meaning.

Folder configuration, path, and setup are standard and have nothing odd or unique about them.

Thanks for looking!

Edited by vhodh
removing log

Happy2Play

Can you try a full scan via Dashboard-Library Scan Library files or Scheduled task Scan media library instead of just individual library scan and post a new log.

As for the error it points to a issue with with the logowhite.png but I know my logs do not reference it via index.html.  Shouldn't really be anything to worry about.

2020-07-09 15:44:07.768 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 500 to 192.168.1.1. Time: 121ms. http://emby.myserver.site:8096/web/index.html/modules/themes/logowhite.png

• Like 1

SOLVED

I manually searched for the movie by entering "jackson" into the search field.

It showed up as being added 1/28/2018, and still unwatched. I was looking for it on my homepage under Latest Movies, or looking at the Sort by Date added option. It looks like the modified date on the file was set to 1/28/2018, but the .nfo was still correct with 07/07/2020. Not sure why that was the case, and I didn't realize Emby looked at file modified date to determine date added to the library.

In any case, my issue has been solved for now.

Thank you for looking!

Happy2Play

Not seeing any reference to that media, only error shown points to a bad/corrupt nfo, looks like for Music "Ragana - 2019 - We Know That The Heavens Are Empty".

System.Xml.XmlException: System.Xml.XmlException: Unexpected end of file has occurred. The following elements are not closed: title, track, album. Line 20, position 16.

2 minutes ago, vhodh said:

SOLVED

I manually searched for the movie by entering "jackson" into the search field.

It showed up as being added 1/28/2018, and still unwatched. I was looking for it on my homepage under Latest Movies, or looking at the Sort by Date added option. It looks like the modified date on the file was set to 1/28/2018, but the .nfo was still correct with 07/07/2020. Not sure why that was the case, and I didn't realize Emby looked at file modified date to determine date added to the library.

In any case, my issue has been solved for now.

Thank you for looking!

What is your "Date added behavior for new content:" setting?  Dashboard-Library, Advanced tab

1 minute ago, Happy2Play said:

What is your "Date added behavior for new content:" setting?  Dashboard-Library, Advanced tab

It was set to "Use file creation date." I have now changed it to "Use date scanned into the library" as that is what I would prefer.

Happy2Play
Just now, vhodh said:

It was set to "Use file creation date." I have now changed it to "Use date scanned into the library" as that is what I would prefer.

Can you show the value from the nfo file as I would have assumed it was used if it is a proper field.

If a metadata value is present it will always be used before either of these options.

Looks like there is no "date added" or similar field in the .nfo files Radarr generates, here is the full file:

<movie>
  <title>In Jackson Heights</title>
  <rating>7.0</rating>
  <plot>Legendary documentary filmmaker Frederick Wiseman (At Berkeley, National Gallery) explores the culture, politics and daily life of the Queens, NYC district of Jackson Heights, which lays claim to being the most diverse neighbourhood in the world.</plot>
  <id>tt4936064</id>
  <uniqueid type="imdb" default="true">tt4936064</uniqueid>
  <uniqueid type="tmdb">355230</uniqueid>
  <year>2015</year>
  <premiered>2015-09-04</premiered>
  <studio />
  <thumb />
  <thumb aspect="poster">http://image.tmdb.org/t/p/original/3nLClMlhH75lU9Ey3k18H0suNFr.jpg</thumb>
  <watched>false</watched>
  <fileinfo>
    <streamdetails>
      <video>
        <aspect>1.84615386</aspect>
        <bitrate>9257000</bitrate>
        <codec>x264</codec>
        <framerate>23.976</framerate>
        <height>1040</height>
        <scantype>Progressive</scantype>
        <width>1920</width>
        <duration>188.99575000000002</duration>
        <durationinseconds>11339.744999999999</durationinseconds>
      </video>
      <audio>
        <bitrate>1509000</bitrate>
        <channels>6</channels>
        <codec>DTS</codec>
        <language>English</language>
      </audio>
    </streamdetails>
  </fileinfo>
</movie>

Happy2Play

Correct so Emby used the File creation date, but you should be good now that you have changed the setting.  Not it will only apply to newly imported media.