Emby Server browser UI keeps scrolling down when Logitech G29 wheel is connected

Elkhose
Go to solution Solved by adamrussak,

Elkhose

Hello,

I am having an issue, with the UI in Chrome / Opera / Edge, it keeps scrolling till the end of the UI with no ability to click anything.

Troubleshooting the issue, when I disconnected my Logitech G29 steering wheel the UI responded normally again. Disabling the controller from Device manager also fixes the issue. (but we know that's not a solution)

I didn't find a way to disable using controllers in Emby (I use a wireless keyboard instead of a controller)

Wow, this is the 2nd time recently I've heard of something like this.  I was working with a person remotely via TeamViewer who had a similar experience where a game controller would cause issues ONLY in his web browser (only certain browsers).

This is tricky as some game controllers (for lack of better way to put it) inject things into the OS that could make it seem like mouse or keyboard activity so the browser has no clue where the "input" came from but responds to it since an "event" happened in the OS.

I would think this type of thing would be nearly impossible for Emby clients or browser to know as "events" in the OS are being kicked off by devices setup in the OS. Put another way Emby might be seeing mouse wheel scrolling down or down key events.

The other case I mentioned was a game controller but the person was lucky to find this only happened when a switch was in a certain position on his game controller so he could  flip the switch and not have problems.

There may not be anything Emby can do in this situation to help you if other hardware is emulating "keyboard or mouse activity" and sending "bad events".  Maybe check configuration of the controller and do a calibration if there is one?

I'd be happy to try and assist you with both gathering data our devs could use (maybe) or maybe help you with a work around if using windows.  Maybe something primitive like a batch file or script that can be ran to disable/enable the controller?

Not sure I can really do anything (immediately) but I'd be happy to try.  Send me a PM if you like with a link to this thread.  We really need to get a look at what's happening and get a feel for what we might be able to do to help you if we can other than suggest removing the USB controller while using Emby.

Carlo

Elkhose

9 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, and you're sure nothing is triggering it?

Not directly but it is a wheel so it rarely is centered and I think the pedals are defaulted to 100% and inverted in game. 

8 hours ago, cayars said:

Wow, this is the 2nd time recently I've heard of something like this.  I was working with a person remotely via TeamViewer who had a similar experience where a game controller would cause issues ONLY in his web browser (only certain browsers).

This is tricky as some game controllers (for lack of better way to put it) inject things into the OS that could make it seem like mouse or keyboard activity so the browser has no clue where the "input" came from but responds to it since an "event" happened in the OS.

I would think this type of thing would be nearly impossible for Emby clients or browser to know as "events" in the OS are being kicked off by devices setup in the OS. Put another way Emby might be seeing mouse wheel scrolling down or down key events.

The other case I mentioned was a game controller but the person was lucky to find this only happened when a switch was in a certain position on his game controller so he could  flip the switch and not have problems.

There may not be anything Emby can do in this situation to help you if other hardware is emulating "keyboard or mouse activity" and sending "bad events".  Maybe check configuration of the controller and do a calibration if there is one?

I'd be happy to try and assist you with both gathering data our devs could use (maybe) or maybe help you with a work around if using windows.  Maybe something primitive like a batch file or script that can be ran to disable/enable the controller?

Not sure I can really do anything (immediately) but I'd be happy to try.  Send me a PM if you like with a link to this thread.  We really need to get a look at what's happening and get a feel for what we might be able to do to help you if we can other than suggest removing the USB controller while using Emby.

Carlo

Checking the device manager it does show Logitech Keyboard and Logitech mouse (i do however have a Logitech k400 other than my default keyboard and mouse so I will need to check plug unplug things) 

The thing is this doesn't happen with other stuff ( I do have plex which doesn't do this/ but once I tried Emby I liked it much more) Kodi had this issue but I was able to disable controllers in the settings and just use my keyboard/mouse

I also want to try in Firefox.

The issue is not blocking me I do disconnect the controller but it would be nice not to have to get up to do it :P

I would gather any log if it helps debug. I will check the get logs thread (but if there is anything specific that can help let me know)

Let me know how I can help, I checked other threads most are due to Xbox 360 controller with different scenarios.

I am now at work once done will update the thread

Thanks for your fast response

Elkhose

embyserver.txt

Hey Guys, 

Sorry for the delay, I enabled debug mode, and clicked some stuff, then plugged the wheel and once I started clicking anything with the mouse in Emby the erratic behavior started, once I removed it, things went back to normal and I was able to go to settings to download the log.

I was never able to reproduce the issue in Firefox 65.0.2, I tried multiple times, it works stable perfectly with and without the wheel connected.

I will be using firefox for now.

Thanks Guys, and I will still check the thread to assist if you need me to test anything.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Having this exact issue with the same wheel. Weird stuff 🤷‍♂️

Not a super big deal now that I know what causes it but I would also be willing to assist if and when there's an attempt to fix it.

• 2 months later...

I have the same issue when I have my Honeycomb Yoke connected. I open Emby on Firefox and it immediately scrolls to the bottom. When I unplug my yoke it works fine.

• 11 months later...
Brainiac

Just signed in cause I'm having the same issue when my Saitek AV8R-o1 joystick is plugged in.  Any work arounds besides unplugging or disabling it?

1 hour ago, Brainiac said:

Just signed in cause I'm having the same issue when my Saitek AV8R-o1 joystick is plugged in.  Any work arounds besides unplugging or disabling it?

Hi, do you see the same with our online web app, http://app.emby.media ?

GrimReaper
4 minutes ago, Brainiac said:

Hello, I was talking about the web app.  

Local Web app (where you connect by IP:port) and online Web App (where you connect via app.emby.media) ain't one and the same. 

4 hours ago, Brainiac said:

Hello, I was talking about the web app.  

Can you please try our online web app and let me know how that compares? Thanks.

• 6 months later...
Andrew@calvin.it

I have just experienced this today for the first time. I have the same steering wheel! Was driving me nuts. I've had it for 6 months and never had this problem with Emby until today.

I can replicate it in Edge, Chrome and Firefox. Windows 10 21H1.

It's like someone is holding down the Tab key.

It makes no difference if I log in via app.emby.media or local IP address.

Unplugging the wheel fixes it.

Does not happen in any other browser site.

Edited by Andrew@calvin.it

13 hours ago, Andrew@calvin.it said:

Unplugging the wheel fixes it.

Does not happen in any other browser site.

Try checking to make sure all drivers are up to date.
Hopefully the manufacture has fixed their driver by now.

• 2 months later...
On 5/28/2022 at 8:17 AM, cayars said:

Hopefully the manufacture has fixed their driver by now

Dont think this is a Logitech issue. I'm having the exact same problem with Emby in Chrome, but I'm using a different wheel from a different company (Thrustmaster T300RS). It's almost like the Down arrow key (or maybe Tab?) is being held down. Could try to record a video if that helps?

I'm also having the same problem in the Parsec desktop app, so I wonder what the commonalities are between Parsec and Emby...

I think it's actually a change in Windows driver specs, that some manufactures didn't change.
This issue isn't related to a specific manufacture as it happens to quite a few different brands.

• 1 year later...
adamrussak

hi all,

I just had this issue starting now...

what I did:
- I verified I don't have a button stuck.

- restarted the PC (client)

- restarted the server.

- tested on Chrome/Firefox/Brave

in the video, I press F5 and try to get into my settings/a last-seen video..

I'm out of ideas here...

#edit:

- disconnected my Keybord and used Mouse only..not GO

Edited by adamrussak

7 hours ago, adamrussak said:

hi all,

I just had this issue starting now...

what I did:
- I verified I don't have a button stuck.

- restarted the PC (client)

- restarted the server.

- tested on Chrome/Firefox/Brave

in the video, I press F5 and try to get into my settings/a last-seen video..

I'm out of ideas here...

#edit:

- disconnected my Keybord and used Mouse only..not GO

Hi, we’ll take a look at it. Thanks.

• Solution
adamrussak

JUST an FYI,
im on 4.8.1.0
and as for this second, its working fine again, got no clue what changed or why it stoped/came back to life.

• Thanks 1