Resume of Live TV recordings doesn't work well or at all

otatv
Go to solution Solved by Carlo,

otatv

2020 LG OLED CX

When playing Live TV DirectPlay recordings that have finished recording and using the LG remote's back button to exit out of the playback, the app often fails to set a "resume from" position (the button doesn't display).  And, when there's a playback + exit where it then actually does display, then when selecting to resume it often fails to start at the correct location... I've seen it start some 40 seconds before the "resume from" time that the button had displayed.  Are these known bugs that are actively being fixed?

Also, what triggers the "Played" value/button to be set?  Sometimes it's set as soon as playback begins, other times it's not set at all.

otatv

Yes.  After experimenting with different lengths of recordings I think I see a pattern in that the logic seems to be setting the "Played" flag when the recording is near the end rather than all the way to the end.  So when I was first testing with short samples of recordings I think the "Played" logic was kicking in and not allowing the "Resume from" logic to execute.   So, with normal length recordings I think it's ok.   And, I can see where it's nice that the "Played" flag is set a bit before the recording's actual end since playback of shows typically are stopped before the end. 

As for resuming and not starting at the time the resume button displays... with my recent tests it's sometimes off but not to an extreme.  I think it's acceptable and gets the job done.

• Solution

@otatv You can adjust this for each library when you have Advanced turn on.

Look at the bottom of the page and you'll see this section.

lib.png

• 2 weeks later...