Where have all the Genres gone?

tarinr

tarinr

I'm running Emby on a Mac Mini server. For the most part, the software works flawlessly. However, I've been experiencing a weird situation with my hand-made genre posters. I've carefully sized and placed an individual poster for each genre in my library. All goes along well until it doesn't. For some reason, my Genre Posters keep disappearing and reverting back to Emby's genre images. Why might this be happening? Is there a way to fix it? I've been unable to locate where these images might be stored.

Hi, yes this is an open issue we're aware of. Thanks for the feedback.

Happy2Play

This was a change a long time ago (dependent on how old the database is) and they are considered Dynamic images and are changed with that interval.  Currently the only way around is modifying the database to use a path again.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/85196-library-main-dynamic-image-never-updates/&do=findComment&comment=889743

genre.thumb.jpg.0581b2e8b030988d1f0ae07ffe9d5d38.jpg

tarinr

I’m not a programmer.   How does one even go about setting paths in the database?  Will. “%Metadata Path%. be unique to each server?

11 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, yes this is an open issue we're aware of. Thanks for the feedback.

11 hours ago, tarinr said:

So it's EMBY and not me?

Yes that's correct.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
tarinr

Hot Dog!   This is a highly anticipated release.   I love this app!  Thank you for all your hard work!

We're working as hard as we can to get 4.6 released as quickly as possible. Thanks.