Emby Libraries not appearing

James2901uk

James2901uk

I've just installed embycon add-on into kodi and connected to my server, however when i go into embycon, then libraries the only two it is showing is music and trailers...there's no movie or tv folders showing. It doesn't matter what skin i use they don't appear, the only time kodi seems to shows the content of these folders is when i clone the kodi default skin...why don't these folders show up when i enter the embycon add-on? 

TeamB

If you are entering

EmbyCon -> Emby libraries -> your libraries here

Then that should show your movie and TV libraries. You should see the same libraries you see on the Web client using the same user.

If you don't turn on EmbyCon debug logging in the EmbyCon addon settings under advanced, restart Kodi and navigate to the EmbyCon emby libraries area again, pm me the log.

James2901uk

Hi teamB, thanks for the reply, so I have done the above, however being new to kodi and the embycon addon....i'm not sure where to find the log so i can send it to you....but since i last posted, here's what i have done...so i thought that it was something that i may have done wrong in setting it up...so i completely uninstalled kodi, and made sure there was no remains of it on my system, i then reinstalled just kodi(no addons) and before adding anything else i installed the embycon addon...i let it do its thing of finding my server, logged into it....but yet again...entering embycon....>emby Libraries...>your libraries here....only two things appear....music and trailers...no tv shows...no movies...

TeamB

Do you see the libraries using the same user in the Web Client? (can I get a screen shot)
Are you sure you are using the correct user when logging into Kodi EmbyCon?

Here is some info about the log log location in Kodi:

https://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file

James2901uk

hi teambB,

Attached screenshot of the emby web browser....as you see all libraries are showing and emby is working fine on everything else...just not kodi...and as i'm the only user at the moment...i'm positive i'm logged into the correct account, double checked this morning also checked i.p of server, even deleted server from embycon and re-added....also attached is a screenshot from within a clean kodi install with only embycon added...and from inside the embycon addon's libraries

screenshot.jpg

emby libraries.jpg

James2901uk

Hi TeamB,

Attached is the kodi log....what i will also say is that this has happened even installing embycon on my nvidia shield tv....so it's not just my pc kodi not showing these libraries its my android device also...(very Strange) in advance thank you for your help with this :)

kodi.log

Edited by TRON29
file attachment added

TeamB
7 minutes ago, Luke said:

No, it should be there. When it's null it means mixed content.

From what I can see in the log file above it is just absent, if it is null would it just be missing?

@TRON29

If that is the case then yes, if you have mixed content libraries they will not show up in kodi as kodi does not know how to display mixed content.

pünktchen
I'm using the latest version of emby server 4.4.3....
Have you used the Server Configuration Backup plugin recently to restore your settings?

pünktchen
not recently i think it was about 2 weeks ago.....before i decided to install kodi and try my hand at building a htpc pünktchen
That's the reason. The plugin is broken since the beginning of the year and always restores Mixed Content libraries instead of Movies and TVShows. There's a long thread with a manual workaround here in the forum. Somehow the Emby devs don't care.@Luke

James2901uk

Ah....so I'll uninstall emby server and start afresh....hopefully then it'll work.....I'd like to thank ALL you guys for your help it's seriously appreciated...thank you

pünktchen

No need to reinstall Emby. Just recreate your libraries with the proper content type.

James2901uk

you are an absolute star pünktchen....just recreated the libraries....and all are now appearing in embycon....i now know not to use the server configuration backup....again thank you :)