How to unlock app?

sandro_rocha_1982

sandro_rocha_1982

Good Morning. I installed Emby for Android TV and it has a trial period. I would like to unlock the app but I am not interested in Emby Premiere, my server does not have the necessary resources to take advantage of Premiere's functions (hardware transcode, Live TV, etc.). I tried to unlock it using the option in the app but it sends me to g.co/managewallet and nothing happens. My google account is already logged into the TV and I have Google Pay installed on my phone and configured for my account. In short, how do I unlock the app?

1 hour ago, sandro_rocha_1982 said:

and I have Google Pay installed on my phone

You don't have the app on your phone, right?

It sounds like the issue you are running into is related to purchasing on the device.  Be sure you have enabled that (and have the Play Store on the device).

sandro_rocha_1982
22 minutes ago, ebr said:

You don't have the app on your phone, right?

It sounds like the issue you are running into is related to purchasing on the device.  Be sure you have enabled that (and have the Play Store on the device).

I have Google Pay (formerly Wallet) on the phone, associated with my Google account. On TV I have the Play Store with my Google account logged in. There is no Google Pay on the TV Play Store. I really don't understand why I can't unlock the app.

1 minute ago, sandro_rocha_1982 said:

I have Google Pay (formerly Wallet) on the phone, associated with my Google account. On TV I have the Play Store with my Google account logged in. There is no Google Pay on the TV Play Store. I really don't understand why I can't unlock the app.

Okay, I think you are going to have to ask Google because the message you are seeing is from their system not ours and tells me that the app has properly handed off the purchase request.

Please let us know what they say.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...
Romiche013
On 09/07/2020 at 19:16, sandro_rocha_1982 said:

@sandro_rocha,

I'm interrested if you found a way to unlock the app without purchasing Emby Premiere.

I'm facing the same issue and would like just to unlock the app.

Thanks in advance.

sandro_rocha_1982
3 hours ago, Romiche013 said:

@sandro_rocha,

I'm interrested if you found a way to unlock the app without purchasing Emby Premiere.

I'm facing the same issue and would like just to unlock the app.

Thanks in advance.

I haven't found a solution yet.

Romiche013
46 minutes ago, sandro_rocha_1982 said:

I haven't found a solution yet.

I was finally able to go to the next screen by adding a valid credit card number to my Google wallet.

But it costs 4.99 € to unlock the app. I thought it would be free ...

2 hours ago, Romiche013 said:

I was finally able to go to the next screen by adding a valid credit card number to my Google wallet.

That is good information.  Thank you.

Deathsquirrel
8 hours ago, Romiche013 said:

But it costs 4.99 € to unlock the app. I thought it would be free ...

If it were free, why would there be an unlock step in the first place?

• Like 2

Romiche013
On 14/08/2020 at 22:28, Deathsquirrel said:

If it were free, why would there be an unlock step in the first place?

You are ... absolutely right ! :)

Since I didn't find any info about price to unlock the app anywhere, I just assumed it was free.

But you are right, if that was the case, they won't bother to make us unlock the app.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
ricketyca

I have 3 tvs that I have recently reconfigured with Android TV. Presumably I will need to unlock all three separately ($5)? Is that at one-time fee? 

Presumably, were I attracted to Premiere features and licensed Premiere, I would not need to unlock them?

Many thanks

Happy2Play
4 minutes ago, ricketyca said:

I have 3 tvs that I have recently reconfigured with Android TV. Presumably I will need to unlock all three separately ($5)? Is that at one-time fee? 

Presumably, were I attracted to Premiere features and licensed Premiere, I would not need to unlock them?

Many thanks

Assuming they are all attached to the same online store and account, one purchase unlocks all devices via store/account. 

As for Server Premiere no you do not need to unlock clients as the server license covers 25 active devices.

• Like 1

ricketyca
1 hour ago, Happy2Play said:

Assuming they are all attached to the same online store and account, one purchase unlocks all devices via store/account. 

As for Server Premiere no you do not need to unlock clients as the server license covers 25 active devices.

Many thanks for the quick reply

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
ricketyca

Can you explain how to perform the unlock? I have NVidia Shield, the app is installed and warning of imminent expiry and I would like to unlock it but cannot see how to do that. I am not someone who has used the Play Store much and I cannot see anything in the App Settings to initiate the unlock. 

Hi. Click on your user name/icon on the home page and select the "Unlock" or "Emby Premiere" option from that menu.

• Like 1

ricketyca
6 hours ago, cayars said:

Have you tried running the UNLOCK menu option?

I wonder, when you write a suggestion like that whether you have considered how demeaning it can seem as an answer? Clearly, if I had found the Unlock feature I would have activated it. With respect to your knowledge base, you might like to consider putting something in there so that when you search 'unlock' there is a fourth reference and unlike the other three search responses doesn't include "Premiere" which I was not trying to unlock. The one reference that does not have "premiere" in the search response shows that the word 'unlock' is in a section called Premiere (which, for clarity, I was not trying to unlock). 

I have generally found people on Emby have been very helpful. It is interesting that someone titled "Tech Support" would adopt such a style. Fortunately one of the Administrators on this site seems to be more supportive. 

Edited by ricketyca

4 hours ago, ricketyca said:

I wonder, when you write a suggestion like that whether you have considered how demeaning it can seem as an answer?

Sorry wasn't on a computer at the time and was trying to answer pecking away on a cell phone.  I figured mentioned "menu" and "unlock" would have hopefully given enough info to know you could find the unlock on a menu.

Sorry I didn't do better for you!

ricketyca

Thanks for replying. It's interesting that I - maybe it's just we oldies - don't think of a link to my Profile at the top of the page was a menu item. I can accept that from a detailed implementation perspective that it might be.

Edited by ricketyca
  • Like 1