Can't delete files

djsix2

djsix2

How do i fix this error message?

The operation can’t be completed because you don’t have permission to access some of the items

djsix2

When I try to delete a folder that has JPEG or any type of theme music it will not delete the folder I get the error message in the screenshot.

22E12C52-0165-4790-9F8F-B336E75C194B.jpeg

Hi, this is really a question about your Mac OS computer and not really an Emby question. As you can see from the error message, it looks like you don't have permission to delete the files. 

djsix2

It’s only files that have the theme files in it that I can’t delete it’s not the Mac Os 

Edited by djsix2

I'm not a MAC guy but the first couple of things I'd do is try to delete them outside of Emby and see if you can delete them. Do one movie.

Next look to see what user account in the OS is running Emby Server.  Try the same test as above logged into the OS as that user.

Check permission of your media root folders, set correctly for the OS user running Emby and allow it to apply to all subfolders.

Curious is fanart.jpg created by Emby or another program?

djsix2

I never delete files inside of Emby. I’m trying to delete files off of my hard drive on my server. I only had this issue when I scheduled a task and added theme songs and theme backgrounds. Any folder that has a theme or background saved to it I cannot delete that folder now. I’m not sure about the fanart.jpg I think it’s comes from the theme plug-in I added which is causing my issues. 

djsix2

Yes but it works for everything else on my computer just not folders that have theme music so it’s a setting on the Emby app or plug-in that’s not allowing me to delete those files 

OK let's try something to learn more about this.

Pick another movies that you would want to delete.

Post what the permissions are for the movie file itself.

What are the permissions for the fanart.jpg?

djsix2

I full permission with fan art the only thing I can’t delete is any folders that have backdrops saved from Emby 

C8FFF550-9B9B-434C-970E-AB87C0E8DB67.jpeg

SirGanty

The last few updates on macOS have been pretty brutal with regards to user security/permissions (in a positive way, with serious negative side effects for certain setups).

If you are running catalina with the latest updates, I would 100% assume it's OS security related and nothing to do with emby per se.

It looks like "DCMOVIES" is a network share based on the icon it's using, which adds another layer of blackbox into the mix...

If you can connect to the DCMOVIES mount via terminal with an account with su privileges, you should be able to chmod/chown the files easily enough to enable "everyone" to delete them again, but that isn't a recommended approach and doesn't fix the underlying problem in your setup

Edited by SirGanty

djsix2

I’m actually running macOS High Sierra I can edit and delete everything. The only issue I’m having is when I run theme plug-in and it saves the backdrops folder inside of my movie folder, then I can’t delete the movie files. Somehow that backdrop folder is locking my files on my WD mycloud PR4100

Sure YOU can, but can the user account running Emby across the network?

• 3 weeks later...
djsix2

Has anyone Come up with a solution I’ve tried everything and I can’t delete these backdrop folders the only thing I think I can do is delete everything off of my hard drive reformat it and then add everything back