Reset Password Issue

jaybirdy2k

jaybirdy2k

I can login to the forums but i cant login to the server app area.

I get this message  --- Please contact your system administrator to reset your password

Edited by jaybirdy2k
edited serverid

Happy2Play

Sorry every Emby server has a administrator. 

Are you connecting to your own Emby server or someone else's?

Are you saying you can not connect with your local account or your Connect account?

jaybirdy2k

I cant sign in to my Emby Connect

Edited by jaybirdy2k
edited serverid

Happy2Play

Nothing has changed this week.  Only change was last months upgrades.

Are you able to log into your server locally?

Happy2Play

The server admin may have to remove your linked Connect account then re-add it.

jaybirdy2k

I get that but I still should be able to reset my password. This is my personal account. 

Happy2Play
13 minutes ago, jaybirdy2k said:

I get that but I still should be able to reset my password. This is my personal account. 

Forum and Connect are the same so you can go to your user icon at the top of the forum and click the drop down, the Account settings, the click change in the Password field.

But will have to do some more research on properly changing Connect passwords as it is totally different then the local user account.  @cayars

A little convoluted but as described above.

https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001160340-emby-connect (see Changing your Emby Connect password section) also alittle dated as the forum software was updated.

Edited by Happy2Play

Thanks Happy2Play, I'll add that to my list to work on tomorrow. :)

@jaybirdy2k Have you asked the admin to remove your Emby Connect username from the account on his/her server, save, then add back yet?

That is required.

I updated some pics in a couple of the articles to show the new format after the website update we recently had.

jaybirdy2k

this is his response when i asked. I started my Emby account before i had any servers to connect to.

The problem isn't connecting to the server it is a password issue.

We can't reset your password, as we don't get that information.Contact emby and tell them you need to reset your EMBY CPONNECT password. System admin has nothing to do with it

if it's the account you're logged in as now "jaybirdy2k" the password you use to login to the forum is the account/password used for Emby Connect.

You can change this password top right of this page by clicking on your username, then account settings and you'll see password info.

If it's a different account you can click the link on emby signin that you forgot your password or need to reset it.

jaybirdy2k

I get this message when I try to reset my password. I don't have an administrator and just started having this issue.

If I change the forum password. Will it also change my password for the below link? 

to reset your password  -- I don't have an administrator

Edited by jaybirdy2k

That's a link for manual login.  If you are using Emby Connect you want to login in using connect.

If you're setup for Emby Connect click the change server link at the bottom then the Emby Connect button.  But that will only work if you are setup on that server with Emby Connect.

To change the password of the local server you will need to have the admin of that server change it for you.

BTW, you may want to edit the message above and remove that link.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, jaybirdy2k said:

I get this message  --- Please contact your system administrator to reset your password  -- I don't have an administrator

The administrator is the person who owns the server you are trying to login.  You need to contact them.

Happy2Play

Since you are logged in here you know your password, so you can change your password directly here on the forum.  But as @cayars mentions the link you are showing is for a Local user to attempt to reset their local password.  You need to select "Change Server", then "Sign in with Emby Connect", then "Forgot Password".

http://app.emby.media/#!/startup/connectlogin.html

What is the end goal?  Changing your password or is there a issue connecting with your Connect account?

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 1

On 7/10/2020 at 8:57 AM, CarlXk4 said:

and I just don't get confirmation! that can be even and not know!?!

@cayars

We need more information to understand and help you.  Can you elaborate please?