Music Videos Help

Popeye2468

Popeye2468

Ok so i see a lot of pictures on this forum of how people have integrated music videos in the music artist page please tell me how this is done

PenkethBoy

Thats out of date as MV do not show up on artist or album pages anymore

not worked for months

• Like 1

Spaceboy

Yep it’s been asked several times to have this restored but so far unanswered

Popeye2468

lol i have seen a post in 2016 that said it was being looked at, i dont have much hope, plex is amazing for music, does a cracking job, emby is so blah!

with all this said i have a lifetime emby premiere so i noticed when i add a music library it has music video options, does anyone know the correct process of adding music videos or is it just pure guess work?

skidmarks

I think this is one of the only things that the other guys do better...  And maybe because i didn't have the need to add each music video to its own folder back then and too many to do now. 

The ease to plop music videos in a music video folder that matches the name of the artist in the music directory.  It recognized that two folders exist with the same name and thru FM (freaking magic) music videos would display under the correct music artist.  No meta would be available, but the videos would be with the artist. 

I do like the presentation of having the music videos and music of any given artist listed together.  I'm just not devoting the time that would be required to fix the folder structure to accommodate this.

I've failed miserably in the past...  the wiki information is the library structure that must be followed exactly (treat every music video like  its a movie). 

But it seems it might not be working currently from the comments in this thread?

Edited by skidmarks

Popeye2468

If you follow the wiki it does not show the links to music videos, I know it did use to but not anymore

I love the way Plex when you go into an artist you get most popular songs and then at the bottom you see all music videos

I remember this being a feature in emby a while ago, I would really like this feature back

It used to look like this 

5c390d6c96459_Capture2.jpg

Question: Was that back in the Server 3 version of Emby?

Popeye2468

Yeah it's a screenshot off here, it worked in a version of server 4.