I can't find the emby server package on my DS920+

suno

I followed the instructions below.

1. run package center.

2. add https://synology.emby.media in package sources

3. select "Any Publisher"

After completing the setup, I went to the Community tab and couldn't find the emby server package.

Please tell me what to do.

I use DS920+ and DSM version is DSM 6.2.3-25426

thank you.

nas.jpg

• 1 month later...
16 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

That's the ONLY approach for all Synology boxes until such time as Emby gets added to the Synology store

Okay thank you. Have just finished setting it up.

I tried to use the mixed content type with my parent directory and it was only detecting videos.

So now I've chosen "Home videos & photos" which shows videos/photos - great.

Is there no way for it to include audio files too? Ideally I am looking for a way to just have the Library point to my single root folder and enable photo/video/music files to show?

FrostByte

Yes, I've upgraded to .50 here recently overtop a previous install.  Everything seemed to go smoothly and .Net Core runs a lot faster on my older DS418play than the mono releases.

I've used Home videos and photos for some time and it seems to work for what it says it does.  The only pure audio files I have though are my music which is in its own folder.  I think mixed is the closest you're going to get for what you describe, though not sure why it isn't grabbing the other types because I think it should

I don't have any mixed content currently though as I tend to separate my movies, music, tv shows because I want the metadata support which comes with that.  Mixed doesn't do that for me

12 minutes ago, DJX said:

Ok thanks for the response.

Not sure why its not working as expected either - I will give it another go at some point though!

Hi, what do you mean by not working?

1 minute ago, Luke said:

Hi, what do you mean by not working?

Hi!

Well, I tried the Mixed Content type hoping with my root folder specified as the Library, that it would show all photo/video/audio files.

However, it was only showing videos. I presume it should be capable of showing everything? (I did try rescan library once more and in Synology DSM I have allowed the emby user read/write on the Shared Folder, including subfolders)

On 9/23/2020 at 2:35 PM, DJX said:

no i didnt. I just want my Root folder as the only library! :)

Given the complexity of mixing three media types, i would suggest doing one library for audio, and one for photos&video. And then for those two libraries I would use the dedicated content types that we have rather than mixed.

48 minutes ago, Luke said:

Given the complexity of mixing three media types, i would suggest doing one library for audio, and one for photos&video. And then for those two libraries I would use the dedicated content types that we have rather than mixed.

Thanks. I have done this now :)

• 11 months later...