Only schedule recordings of missing episodes within a TV Show?

HolyGrailOfTV

HolyGrailOfTV

Hello everyone. First post so please forgive me if this question is repetitive.

I've spent some time reading through the documentation and becoming familiar with several of Emby's capabilities but I'm a bit stuck on one specific use case. Just like many others, I have an existing library of TV shows that has been assembled from multiple sources (DVD, Blu-Ray, *arr, etc.). I'd like to expand my options to include recordings of Live ATSC broadcasts via my HDHomeRun Quattro. At a basic level, Emby is clearly capable of recording Live TV (with a corresponding subscription). To take that one step further - Assuming Emby is fully aware of my library, is Emby capable of automatically scheduling my recordings such that it will only record the missing episodes of a given TV show?  

In some ways, this is similar to what the various *arr programs can do except instead of a file download, Emby produces a live TV recording. Thanks in advance for any feedback 

Hi.  Yes, if you are recording into your TV Series library (would need to set the TV Recording path to your TV library) and then select the option "Don't record episodes in my library" on the series recording, then it will do just what you are asking.