Emby server will not download guide data via new router

davethabass

davethabass

I've just switched from a D-Link 4G router to a BT Smarthub 2 due to availability of FTTP (at last).

I have the Emby Server installed on a Synology DS916+. Everything is working normally on playback but Emby is not downloading guide data or showing images for items already in the recording schedule.

I've checked the port forwarding and tried turning off the firewall on the router to no avail. No other changes have been made.

Logfile attached. Any help much appreciated!

Cheers, Dave 

embyserver.txt

Hi, are you still running into this? It looks like all outgoing requests are failing.

davethabass

Yup, can't crack it. Everything else connects fine via the new router, just Emby doesn't make it. It's driving me nuts. Any ideas?

s4nt4cl4us

Same issue as this? 

Seems to be a few where embys outgoing requests is being blocked 

And

Edited by s4nt4cl4us

davethabass

Thanks for the reply. Similar but not identical... the plug-in catalogue works fine, it's just the guide data not getting through. I'll try going back to the old router when the network isn't busy, could be a day or 2...

davethabass

Another clue - I just transferred some recordings made on another device into the Emby library and re-scanned the TV library files. The metadata was correctly downloaded from the TVDB, so that is connecting as well as the Add-on catalogue. It's just the guide data it won't get.

I'll try the old router a.s.a.p.

New logfile attached.

embyserver 2020-07-10.txt

davethabass

Yesterday I re-installed the old router and hey presto, all worked normally again. I downloaded guide data and scanned the library to get missing metadata and images from the last 2 weeks recordings.

I had to go back to the new router however as I've changed to FTTP and the old one is 4G - I got it working with the SIM from my phone. Logfile attached from yesterday, you'll see it gleefully catching up with itself in the afternoon!

So the problem lies in the config of the new router - it's a BT Smart Hub 2, a quite decent bit of kit apart from the rather dumbed-down UI. I've attached a screenshot of the router's port forwarding page. It shows the address of the NAS 192.168.1.112 but not the full address of the Emby Server 192.168.1.112:5000.

It's only possible to add port forwarding rules from a drop-down list of what the router found, and the Emby Server isn't on it, you can't manually add items either.

Could this be the problem?

BT Smart Hub 2 port forwarding page.jpg

embyserver-63730281599.txt

davethabass

Problem solved, I replaced the BT Smart Hub with another router and everything is now working normally. Thanks to those who responded.