Fast forward/Rewind not working correctly

avalanchd

avalanchd

Having issues with the latest Tizen emby app 1.0.80.  Although it happened on earlier ones as well.  It seems like it happens when watching sports.  I usually record about 5 hours in one file in case of rain delays and the files are usually around 35GB.  I have attached the stats for nerds screenshot from the tv along with the server log.

The problem is the fast forward and rewind stop working correctly.  At this point the fast forward is causing it to go backwards about a minute will the rewind button just went backwards around 2 to 3 minutes.  I have no way to fast forward during the commercials.  I have even tried using the phone app as the remote control and it seems to cause the same issue.  I have unplugged the tv, restarted the emby server on the NAS and have restarted the app on the tv.  None of it fixed it.

Any other suggestions?

Model: UN55MU630DF

Firmware version: 1280

Emby App: 1.0.80

IMG_20200705_215916.jpg

File Info.PNG

Edited by avalanchd

SamES

Over the years I have had weird timing and sync issues with my recordings in ts containers. I have them set to automatically convert using the conversion feature.   After this, all the problems go away. I’m not sure what the real cause of this is. 

As a test, it would be worth converting a recording and seeing if that resolves it

avalanchd

That seems to have worked. I have set up auto conversion on the folder.  Thanks for the tip.

SamES
8 hours ago, avalanchd said:

That seems to have worked. I have set up auto conversion on the folder.  Thanks for the tip.

Great, thanks for the feedback