Emby Client freezing with H264 mkv files

bobus67

bobus67

I'm having trouble watching some MKV files I downloaded recently. They have the format shown in the attached screenshot. The client playback starts nicely, but a few minutes in, it freezes, yet the audio as well as subtitles continue normally.   Is there a way out, perhaps?   If not, please recommend a freeware converter and a "good" format to convert to.

Thanks for any assistance.

image.png.56fad3042605ea374d5af7af62200e64.png

SamES

Can you please copy one file that does this to a USB drive and try playing it directly on the TV using the LG built-in media player?  Please confirm if this problem still occurs or if it play correctly.  Thanks

bobus67

I did that with one of the files.  Both LG player and Emby client freeze at the same spots. In both clients, if I pause-> stop->restart, the playback  resumes from the freeze point.

What is the conclusion?

Assuming it's a problem inherent in the LG TV,  is there a solution? And, as I asked before, can you please recommend a "good" format to convert to, and a freeware converter?

Thanks again.

bobus67

Actually I can't because the "convert" feature requires Emby Premiere. I asked for a recommendation for a freeware converter.

What is the conclusion, that the problem I'm  having is rooted on the LG's ability for playback?

SamES

For conversion, try Handbrake, or if you Google you will find many alternatives

I would suggest the there could be an issue with the file that is causing the player to abort.  I couldn't say exactly what, but if it fails in the same way via USB, then that's really all that I can conclude.