Recommendation for an external player app to use with Emby on Amazon FireTv

NeilD7744

NeilD7744

Morning,

Looking for recommendations for an "external player" to use with Emby on FireTV.

I've tried a few - So far MX player seems to work ok, however was wondering whether any users on here have found a better player?

The reason i would like to use an "external player" app is because I have much quicker live TV channel changes, can pause / rewind / fast forward live TV much quicker, ave the ability to customize video & audio codecs etc.

Ideally im looking for a player that kind of just "works out the box" which I can use to play all my media content including Live TV.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

We are working on improving our internal player so that you won't feel that you need to do this.

Deathsquirrel

I use VLC when I need an external player on Android TV.  I don't use live TV though so I cant speak to its use for that.

NeilD7744
On 7/4/2020 at 4:21 PM, Luke said:

We are working on improving our internal player so that you won't feel that you need to do this.

Thankyou Luke. I know there is a lot of discussion about slow load times of channels etc. i dont have too much of an issue with this as i have switched off the function to pause live tv & just direct stream it. I get channel changes of approx 5 - 6 seconds like this. It works ok. When i do switch on the option so that i can pause live TV, channel switching is very very slow, hence why i played about with VLC & MX player. Its not a major issue whatsover - TBH id rather have slower channel changes, and the development of Emby to be focussed on things like the ability to create channel groups. Really looking forward having the ability to filter channel lists into movies, kids tv, radio channels etc. This would be extremely useful for me. Thanks for your reply.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1