Unable to stop live TV stream

knight09

knight09

Hello I have a Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-955Q tuner connected directly to Embys live TV service. Starting about 1 week ago my server has been unable to stop the live stream. I have to restart the Hauppauge service and clear the buffer to be able to start a new stream. 

Currently running 4.4.3.0

Hi.  Can you please explain exactly what you mean by "unable to stop"?

Thanks.

knight09

Pressing the stop while a live TV stream is playing does nothing for a few seconds then the screen will go black but the audio will often continue to play. Eventually it will return to the emby home screen but audio is often still playing (client is 2015 shield TV box). 

I've tried stopping the stream different ways via emby but I get the same result every time. When I check the live TV buffer directory the Hauppauge service is still writing to it. I'm unable to clear out the directory until I restart the Hauppauge service. 

• 2 weeks later...

After it's been in beta long enough to make sure everything works as intended. :)

You can join the beta program as it's open for anyone to use.  This will allow you to run the latest app and you could have this now.

knight09

I'm tempted.. I was on the beta channel a few years ago (MediaBrowser3 OG user). Back when I had spare time...

Any issues now when switching back and fowarth between prod and beta?

Not that I'm aware of and I do it.  Chances are you'll likely stay with the beta as it's been pretty solid.

3 hours ago, knight09 said:

Any idea when this fix will be pushed out to the stable branch? I'm going nuts!

It is in Google's hands.

15 hours ago, knight09 said:

What does Google have to do with this? Chromium version?

They control the app store and the releases of our app.