The Man with No Name Collection

Sammy

Sammy

I finally ripped my Blu-rays of "Fistful of Dollars", "For a Few Dollars More" and "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" into my library. These titles make up what is commonly called "The Man with No Name Collection". The box set even was sold as such. I manually forced Auto Box Sets to update and Emby isn't creating the collection. How can I force it to do so?

Edited by Sammy

Deathsquirrel

The collection isn't currently present on TMDB which is the data the plugin needs to automatically create boxsets.  In short, not gonna happen until TMDB undoes whatever stupid change went through to remove it.

Just create it manually in the UI.

rbjtech

It 'was' Collections ID 692374 - but it's no longer there as indicated above .. 😒

Sammy
36 minutes ago, Deathsquirrel said:

The collection isn't currently present on TMDB which is the data the plugin needs to automatically create boxsets.  In short, not gonna happen until TMDB undoes whatever stupid change went through to remove it.

Just create it manually in the UI.

25 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

It 'was' Collections ID 692374 - but it's no longer there as indicated above .. 😒

So how do I do this manually in the UI? 

rbjtech

Just create a normal collection - select the 3 films, … menu (top right) then create a collection.  If you want the 'Man with no name' metadata - then I can add here if you wish as I still have it linked on my emby DB.

Sammy

Please!! I'd love to have that. I'm going to create the collection now.

Sammy
Just create a normal collection - select the 3 films, … menu (top right) then create a collection.  If you want the 'Man with no name' metadata - then I can add here if you wish as I still have it linked on my emby DB.

So how can I populate the metadata such as synopsis, actors, directors, etc?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Sammy
You can learn about Collections in our knowledge base:

https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001159487-collections

Thanks, Luke! Box Sets works so well thanks to @ebr , I've never had to do anything manually!

I'm hopeful someone has the data so I can copy paste it rather than type it all in.

Sammy

image.thumb.png.e7f72424b30250bce94a29c34062552b.pngDone! Thanks! I only needed the synapsis and the images as Emby already took care of the rest.

• Like 1

Sammy

Now there's two.

Why would this happen?

Is it safe to delete one and not loose the media, just the metadata? 2d9639069e4e3a703ce8e3604d72695c.jpg

rbjtech
1 hour ago, Sammy said:

Now there's two.

Why would this happen?

You spelt Trilogy incorrectly on one of them .. 😏

Riggs
22 hours ago, rbjtech said:

You'll have to edit the file paths - but all the metadata I have for this is attached.

fanart.jpg

poster.jpg

collection.xml 1.57 kB · 2 downloads

Yes, they changed the original name of this collection and renamed it with that new name.
I WAS THE ONE WHO MADE THESE ARTS !!
I think they were erased by the collections "dollars" they erased it too, (unless they changed their minds)
Here I leave the logo and all the arts that I had made for that collection

Download the zip file!!!

Enjoy!

dollars.zip

Edited by Riggs
Include a picture
  • Like 2

Riggs

TMDB is going through a "bipolar" crisis with its content, I think they need a psychiatrist. LOL

Sammy
On 7/4/2020 at 4:54 AM, cayars said:

Usually just deleting one is fine.

I deleted just one and a little while later the other one was gone too.. Going to try again and check my spelling this time!

Riggs

Delete the collection and the .nfo download the artworks if you want and use it to populate the images

Then, create the collection by hand, I did in that way and works, takes 1 or 2  minutes. 

Just in case. You can have/create your own collections on Emby

Cheers!

Sammy
On 7/4/2020 at 5:49 AM, Riggs said:

Yes, they changed the original name of this collection and renamed it with that new name.
I WAS THE ONE WHO MADE THESE ARTS !!
I think they were erased by the collections "dollars" they erased it too, (unless they changed their minds)
Here I leave the logo and all the arts that I had made for that collection

Download the zip file!!!

Enjoy!

dollars.zip 7.93 MB · 1 download

Thanks for these images. I'd rather it say Unknown Man than Dollars as that is all I've ever known it as since the box set I bought was Tiled, "The Man with no Name Trilogy".

d00zah
1 hour ago, Sammy said:

Thanks for these images. I'd rather it say Unknown Man than Dollars as that is all I've ever known it as since the box set I bought was Tiled, "The Man with no Name Trilogy".

Man With No Name Trilogy [boxset].zip

Edited by d00zah
cleaned up
  • Like 2

Sammy
1 hour ago, d00zah said:

This had the Name I wanted on the images and a little more info in the synopsis so I edited the synopsis and changed the images again. Thanks!

My edited synopsis:

"Sergio Leone's landmark "Spaghetti Western/Man With No Name Trilogy/Dollars" series, featuring Clint Eastwood as "The Man with No Name". Also known as the Dollars Trilogy (Italian: Trilogia del dollaro) or the Blood Money Trilogy, is an Italian film series consisting of three Spaghetti Western films directed by Sergio Leone. The films are titled A Fistful of Dollars (1964), For a Few Dollars More (1965) and The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (1966)."

Edited by Sammy

Riggs

Just for your records

That's the answer why collection is not anymore in TMDB or any the other similar old collections from now on.

This comes from the moderator.

Banana wrote:

"We no longer have an exception for "thematic trilogies": https://www.themoviedb.org/bible/collection If the films are not direct sequels, they're not allowed as a collection."

Edited by Riggs

Spaceboy

These movies have been in and out of a collection more times than you could count over the last six months.

• Like 1

Sammy
1 hour ago, Riggs said:

Just for your records

That's the answer why collection is not anymore in TMDB or any the other similar old collections from now on.

This comes from the moderator.

Banana wrote:

"We no longer have an exception for "thematic trilogies": https://www.themoviedb.org/bible/collection If the films are not direct sequels, they're not allowed as a collection."

It goes on to say, "One long-time approved exception to this policy is the James Bond Collection." Who made the Movie Data Base the arbitrator of such things? This group of Spaghetti Westerns movies has long been marketed together by the studio and share the same actors, characters and carry the theme of the unnamed protagonist drifter.