J&T2020

J&T2020

varix

I am logging in through the page that you linked to. It *appears* to log in to Connect, in that there is no error message and it takes me to the "Select Server" page.  But as I've said, it's not *really* logged into Connect, as that page still includes a "sign in with Emby Connect" option, and the behavior is such that I am not signed into Connect.

By the way, if I intentionally enter an incorrect password, it does flag it as invalid.

emby12.JPG

Edited by varix

The picture you have above is not the Emby Connect login but the direct login.  If you click on the Emby Connect button, put in password and username and it comes back to this page it's not able to access your server.

What do you see on the Server Dashboard or Emby log for the sign in attempt?  My bet is you won't see anything because it can't find your server and you need to break the Emby Connect and set it back up again for each user.

BTW, in the above picture if you click on VD15, nVidia shield or VARIX and try to login you would NOT use an Emby Connect username/password but would use the credentials as setup on the server.  Can you login this way?

varix

The first picture below is the page I am signing in on.  It says "Sign in with Emby Connect" at the top, so I'm not sure how you're saying that it's not the Emby Connect login. Perhaps you mean that the second picture, which is where I am taken after signing in--ostensibly successfully--on that first page, isn't where I should end up after signing in. But that's where it takes me. If that's not where it *should* be taking me after logging in to Emby Connect, I can only conclude that Emby Connect is broken.

From that page, when I click on Varix or nVidia Shield (both local servers, although I don't usually use the latter), I get a "Connection Failure" message.  When I click on VD15 (the outside server), I'm taken to a "Please Sign In" page, but I don't have a direct username and password for that server; it has always gone through Emby Connect.

I have attached the server log file.

emby12.JPG

emby13.JPG

emby14.JPG

emby15.JPG

embyserver.txt

varix

There has been a slight change in the Emby website's behavior in the past 10 minutes--when I enter my username and password on the "Sign in with Emby Connect" page, it is now rejecting my credentials, which continue to work fine on Emby Community.  I don't think this is progress; it's just different. Maybe it will help you figure out what issue is happening (I believe) on your end.

emby16.JPG

4 hours ago, varix said:

There has been a slight change in the Emby website's behavior in the past 10 minutes--when I enter my username and password on the "Sign in with Emby Connect" page, it is now rejecting my credentials, which continue to work fine on Emby Community.  I don't think this is progress; it's just different. Maybe it will help you figure out what issue is happening (I believe) on your end.

emby16.JPG

Can you capture the contents of the browser debug console? Thanks.

varix
37 minutes ago, Luke said:

Can you capture the contents of the browser debug console? Thanks.

It's back to accepting the credentials for Emby Connect (but not appearing to be truly logged in).  I've tried this on Firefox and Microsoft Edge.  The debug contents from Firefox are attached.

debug.txt

varix
12 minutes ago, varix said:

It's back to accepting the credentials for Emby Connect (but not appearing to be truly logged in).  I've tried this on Firefox and Microsoft Edge.  The debug contents from Firefox are attached.

debug.txt 15.26 kB · 0 downloads

Well, I spoke too soon. It is accepting the credentials sometimes and not others (saying "invalid username or password," even though I'm certain I'm entering it the same way each time).  I've attached the debug info from a login attempt that failed.

debug2.txt

Error opening web socket: Error: Cannot open web socket without access token. apiclient.js:1:12219

Curious, have you tried DIFFERENT Emby Connect usernames or just one?

varix
7 minutes ago, cayars said:

Curious, have you tried DIFFERENT Emby Connect usernames or just one?

I have only one Emby Connect username, although I did try putting in my e-mail address instead of my username. The behavior is the same with either.

If you want to try a little test, create another user on your system and assign the Emby Connect username of "cayars" my forum userid.  This user only needs access to one library which can be a test lib with 1 file in it.

Once you have it setup let us know and I'll login via Emby Connect (which works for me) and see if I can access your server.  That will give a good indication if it's your server or your Emby username that's the problem.

varix
20 minutes ago, cayars said:

If you want to try a little test, create another user on your system and assign the Emby Connect username of "cayars" my forum userid.  This user only needs access to one library which can be a test lib with 1 file in it.

Once you have it setup let us know and I'll login via Emby Connect (which works for me) and see if I can access your server.  That will give a good indication if it's your server or your Emby username that's the problem.

OK done.

Just logged in via Emby Connect and my normal servers showed up but nothing new that would be your server.  

If you have time to try a TeamViewer session download and install it and send me the userid and one time use password via PM.

If you can't do it tonight, send me a PM with a time tomorrow EST zone and we can try it then.

Carlo

2 hours ago, RHaines1 said:

So how do I get him to re link our emby username? Thank you

Please ask him to delete your Connect ID from the user and save, and then re-enter it and save again.

J&T2020
4 hours ago, ebr said:

Please ask him to delete your Connect ID from the user and save, and then re-enter it and save again.

How does he access the option to do this? Sorry, I am new to this. 

You just remove and save the Emby Connect username.

You put back the Emby Connect username and save.

It's the second box in this picture for the user edit.

CPVAqeg6vPjV64l8_o-gwTkKh5AXc1eWgw.png?1

RHaines1
2 minutes ago, cayars said:

You just remove and save the Emby Connect username.

You put back the Emby Connect username and save.

It's the second box in this picture for the user edit.

CPVAqeg6vPjV64l8_o-gwTkKh5AXc1eWgw.png?1

Do I have to use a computer/ laptop in order to access the server dashboard? All I have to use at the moment is a IPhone or the FireStick that I am using for emby. Would this be the reason that I can’t find the dashboard? 

This is only for the server administrator.  A user can't do this.

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the late reply. I have been removed and added back onto the server and nothing has changed. I can only log onto emby after re-setting my password; even though I change it to the same thing everytime. I can’t log back in without re setting it again. Because of this, I still can’t watch anything. 

Hi,

Next time you do this setup another account and give it admin rights so you can login with it (save yourself grief).

From the other admin account see if a password change will stick.

I can only log onto emby after re-setting my password; even though I change it to the same thing everytime. I can’t log back in without re setting it again. 

What do you mean? What happens when you try?