Subsequent episodes getting stuck loading

itgreen9

itgreen9

Ok, so I can't tell if that resolved my issue or not. Can anyone tell me why I might be able to watch a couple of episodes in a series and then when it goes to run the next it says loading but nothing is loading? I have checked my systems and all seems fine. 

39 minutes ago, itgreen9 said:

Ok, so I can't tell if that resolved my issue or not. Can anyone tell me why I might be able to watch a couple of episodes in a series and then when it goes to run the next it says loading but nothing is loading? I have checked my systems and all seems fine. 

That doesn't sound like anything related to your original question.  Have we answered your original question (about the still watching feature)?

If so, we can start a new discussion with your new problem (please provide details).

How to Report a Problem

Can you please attach the emby server and ffmpeg log, if there was one? Thanks !

itgreen9
  • 2 weeks later...
Borsk

I have that same issue, starting happening shortly after the 4.0.4 update

Edited by Borsk

We are fully investigating this issue. This is an annoyance for sure. Stay tuned.

Hi.  Are you guys able to cause this to happen by manually skipping ahead episodes?  If so, can you please cause the issue and then immediately back out and send a log from the app?

Be sure you set the option in settings and re-start the app before reproducing the problem.

Thanks.

itgreen9

Sometimes it will jump to the next episode when I try to skip the one I am in and sometimes it won't. I will try to immediately send logs the next time I see it happen.

Loveless

It tends to happen randomly for me and not on every episode and not just one show. Hopefully it can be resolved soon.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
playloud

I haven't fully tested, but neither my wife or I have noticed episodes getting stuck at "Loading" since the newest Beta 4.0.8

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, playloud said:

I haven't fully tested, but neither my wife or I have noticed episodes getting stuck at "Loading" since the newest Beta 4.0.8

That's interesting. Thanks for the feedback.

• 7 months later...
Borsk

This issue has cropped back up again after the most recent Roku app update, just leaving feedback.

2 minutes ago, Borsk said:

This issue has cropped back up again after the most recent Roku app update, just leaving feedback.

Hi there, can we please look at an example? Thanks.

Borsk

it the exact same issue that is discussed further up the thread, there is nothing new to add other then the recent update did not fix the issue.

@Borsk Are there any ffmpeg logs created when this occurs? What Roku model number and Roku firmware version are you using?

Nothing changed in the Roku app regarding this. Which Emby server version are you using? Are subtitles enabled when this happens? (the ffmpeg logs will disclose this part).

Are you using the Emby Beta for Roku? We may have already fixed the issue in Beta if you are not.

Edited by speechles

Borsk
2 hours ago, speechles said:

@Borsk Are there any ffmpeg logs created when this occurs? What Roku model number and Roku firmware version are you using?

Nothing changed in the Roku app regarding this. Which Emby server version are you using? Are subtitles enabled when this happens? (the ffmpeg logs will disclose this part).

Are you using the Emby Beta for Roku? We may have already fixed the issue in Beta if you are not.

No additional logs are created that I have noticed but I can send a copy through the app, 9.4 4200 I do believe, Emby sever 4.5.4, yes subtitles are enabled by default and I'm not using the beta version of the app.

On 3/24/2021 at 10:57 AM, Borsk said:

No additional logs are created that I have noticed but I can send a copy through the app, 9.4 4200 I do believe, Emby sever 4.5.4, yes subtitles are enabled by default and I'm not using the beta version of the app.

Can you please provide the information that I requested in my link above? Thanks !

• Confused 1

Borsk
8 hours ago, Luke said:

Can you please provide the information that I requested in my link above? Thanks !

You did not post any link in this thread.