No Sound.......

MarkLeeNoel

MarkLeeNoel

If i run a film through the Fire stick 4K app i get no sound, but if i then try and watch the same film via LG tv app its fine. 

Any ideas why this is happening?

Hi.  We'd need to look at more specifics but what kind of audio is it?  Are you sure your equipment supports that audio?

maxomaxx

I'm also having sound issues. I can hear background noise/music but no dialogue track. This only happens on my firestick, it randomly started happening a week ago.

4 hours ago, maxomaxx said:

I'm also having sound issues. I can hear background noise/music but no dialogue track. This only happens on my firestick, it randomly started happening a week ago.

Hi.  Same questions as above but also what is the audio setting in the app and did you enable either of the DTS options?

maxomaxx

Auto setting is on Auto, tried DTS but nothing changed. It can't be a settings related issue. I have been using the app with no problems for months now. It suddenly stopped working last week. It works fine on everything except the stick. 

Edited by maxomaxx

What about the audio settings on the stick itself?

Also, is there any outboard audio equipment involved or is it just the TV speakers?

maxomaxx

I tried all the available settings, both on the stick itself and the Emby app, nothing changes.

It's just the stick connected directly to the tv, no external speakers.

Did you set the Stick audio setting itself (inside the Amazon menus) to "Stereo only" or any equivalent of that?

Can you post a pic of the media you are playing.  You can get this info in a web browser on the detail screen for the media.

Is this a problem with just certain 6 channel EAC media or all of them?

There is always a possibility the sound/tracks were encoded incorrectly if this isn't happening on all your EAC 6 channel media.

Can you confirm it's a problem with all 6 channel or not or just certain titles you have?

maxomaxx

It also happens with H.264/AAC files.

Again, the problem is with the Emby app on Firestick. My files have not changed, my settings have not changed, nothing on my side changed. Everything works through Emby on my laptop, phone and even through Embycon on Kodi, the issue only exists on the Emby firestick app.

The problem began 2 weeks ago out of nowhere, prior to the Emby app on Firestick played everything perfectly.

9 hours ago, maxomaxx said:

It also happens with H.264/AAC files.

Are these 2 channel or 6 channel files?

But what I was asking trying to figure out is does this ALWAYS happen to 6 channel EAC3 files or just some of them?

maxomaxx

I just tried a bunch of different files and the problem seems to be only with the 6channel ones. 2 channel plays fine

You can apply a filter of EAC3 in a library like Movies to only show items meeting this filter.

Now you can easily find them and verify each movie is 6 channel.  Try playing a bunch of them.

Do any of them play correctly or do they all have this problem?

mholin

I tried to verify this on my Firestick 4k.

no problems here:

but here was no need for transcoding to MP3

IMG_20200714_171519.jpg

IMG_20200714_171533.jpg

Crestj

I've been having this issue since the Firestick got an update.

Tried setting the Firestick to downgrade to stereo but that doesn't work.

Similar to what's already been mentioned, I think it's an issue with DTS. Seen a lot of other posts in Amazon forums and Plex users.

If I install VLC on the firestick and get Emby to use this external player the sound plays fine but the VLC player has some limitations (mark video as played doesn't seem to work).