Playback fails to start: No compatible streams available

paddy-emby

SamES

I've not spent any time with Docker so I won't be much use to you, but it is interesting that other clients continue to work.  Are they DirectPlaying?

Can you recall what might have changed in your setup around the time that this started being an issue?

In your library folder paths, do you have 'Shared network folders' set?

image.thumb.png.94dd45fa746ff1aa17c73d5b5eb0e84d.png

• Thanks 1

paddy-emby

This will be a bit of a mixed reply:

All clients are playing through emby:

image.png.edc31cd98a97dc3875f5a7acb2a986ad.png

This has always been an issue, originally I put it down to my low powered server, but it continued with my new server.

----

As a solution to this issue (but mainly to play 4K content with forced subtitles), yesterday I bought an ODroid Kodi box and configured it with "Emby for Kodi". In doing so I had to change my library configuration to:

image.png.237a3893509ebbd71ce7d63e2ea7aa84.png

I'm splitting playback on the Samsung TV between the Kodi box and the app. Kodis lack of support for playlists and collections keeps me in the app

@SamES Do you think the addition of a shared network folder could have an effect on the Tizen App?

I'll monitor things over the next few days/weeks

Edited by paddy-emby

• 5 months later...

Hi, any update regarding this issue ?

My parents bought a new Samsung TV (QE65Q80TATXXC), they followed the USB turorial to install Emby Samsung app (1.0.89), they are able to connect to my server but they are not able to play any contents: No compatible streams available. With the current lockdown here, I'm not able to go and check by myself... All I can say is that Emby Server (4.5.4 debian package) is working flawless with any android / apple apps or web browser , with ou without transcoding.

I asked them to try different type of content, even very basic SD mpg4  video (1Mbps - no subtitle) , same issue.

In the log, I can see some "max bitrate: 7000000" messages ( 7Mbps), what's very surprising is that "internet quality" app option allow only value from 2Mbps to 96kbps when not "auto".

embyserver.txt e1bcf164-4006-4617-9d15-e68c089af8a0.jfif

Edited by nague

8 hours ago, nague said:

Hi, any update regarding this issue ?

My parents bought a new Samsung TV (QE65Q80TATXXC), they followed the USB turorial to install Emby Samsung app (1.0.89), they are able to connect to my server but they are not able to play any contents: No compatible streams available. With the current lockdown here, I'm not able to go and check by myself... All I can say is that Emby Server (4.5.4 debian package) is working flawless with any android / apple apps or web browser , with ou without transcoding.

I asked them to try different type of content, even very basic SD mpg4  video (1Mbps - no subtitle) , same issue.

In the log, I can see some "max bitrate: 7000000" messages ( 7Mbps), what's very surprising is that "internet quality" app option allow only value from 2Mbps to 96kbps when not "auto".

embyserver.txt 30.05 kB · 1 download e1bcf164-4006-4617-9d15-e68c089af8a0.jfif 72.52 kB · 2 downloads

Hi there @nague, please attach the complete emby server log. thanks.

Here a copy of the media info for the video used during this test (server log).

image.png.d90a4fadd54aed36d595b4710d440144.png

But the issue is similar with many others formats.

Thanks for your help.

16 hours ago, nague said:

This happen with all videos from my library, most of them are mkv/h264.

Can we look at an example of that? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/26/2021 at 11:58 AM, nague said:

Did logs help you to understand the issue ?

There's nothing obvious here. Are you still having an issue with this? Are you using a reverse proxy? Where does your SSL certificate come from?

The issue is stil present. I don't use reverse proxy. SSL certificate is Lets's Encrypt. I guess if issue was related to SSL, we won't be able to access home page, right ?

6 hours ago, nague said:

The issue is stil present. I don't use reverse proxy. SSL certificate is Lets's Encrypt. I guess if issue was related to SSL, we won't be able to access home page, right ?

It's related to SSL. We don't know why you're able to sign in but not play, but we have confirmed in other topics that it is SSL related. Samsung TVs trust a very limited set of certificates and unfortunately they do not publish that list. We think Digicert provides the best change to work with Samsung.

Thanks @Luke for your answer. This is really interesting, I’m just wondering why it worked a couples of times (but I can’t reproduce). What’s the 2nd topic ?

Digicert is really expensive, for the price of 1 years subscription, I can buy a Shied Pro, so I guess that’s what I’m going to do and keep my free certificate.

Edited by nague