Movie Covers

bugmafia007
Go to solution Solved by Carlo,

bugmafia007

Hi,

Yesterday i imported my 2000k movies in to my new EMBY  server .. 

Now the issue i have is that the artwork(movies covers and thumbnails ) still is not 100% (my internet speed 1GB\1GB ) 

maybe 10 % of all my movies have covers :

123.thumb.JPG.abd82a2256d79eed6ae1a215a0694fe2.JPG

the EMBY folder  config :

1234.JPG.8a20554ad734e6ea7f301af5df651247.JPG

123456.JPG.ed5215afcdbf125d60ccc085d93bd98f.JPG

Im used to plex..were when u add movies..in 1 min top all the cover art is there ..now here im waiting more than 8 Hours ...so what im missing ? 

Thank You 

Edited by bugmafia007

dansblackcat

Have you run a full scan and let it complete?

The first scan can take a long time to complete.

After that you will see the behaviour you're used to where newly added content will be all done in about a minute.

Edited by dansblackcat

bugmafia007

i runned many scans over and over and over again ..and yes was completed successfully 

Edited by bugmafia007

berrick

I remember a while back the developers implemented a throttle to stop Emby hammering metadata providers. I don't think that has changed. Maybe Luke or another member can confirm? 

From my own experience after re installing from fresh it can take a while for all info to update... but it does; eventually. 

Just to be sure have you checked the logs in case of errors?

Happy2Play

Yes you can see in the log the required throttling (not sure if it is only in debug logging) as you can not hammer any provider.  If you did the site would just blacklist your ip for x amount of time and all queries would just fail.

Can you go to Dashboard-Scheduled tasks, run the Rotate Logs task, then run a Scan media library task and post the server log.

Happy2Play
7 minutes ago, bugmafia007 said:

Can u explain please were the logs are located and how can i export them?

You can see their path on the Dashboard or you can can go to Dashboard-Logs.

5 hours ago, bugmafia007 said:

Yesterday i imported my 2000k movies

Is that a correct number?  You have 2 million movies?

Hi.  You need to wait for the scan media library task to fully complete.  With that many movies, the first scan could take quite a while (also depending on other options you may have chosen that could slow it down).

bugmafia007

Hi,can someone just check my logs and see that there is no issue there ? Because more than 24 hours past and still i dont have all the covers ..

Needles to say that in PLEX is done in 10-20 min ..

Thank You 

bugmafia007

not yet ..but how is possible that 3000 movies take more than 24 hours ?

What im missing ?what is wrong ?i have 1GB speed ..

to make a test i delete my plex and add all my movies again ..boom 10 min (3000 covers) 

So what EMBY uses ? why  is taking so long time ?did u check the logs u see something wrong ?

Thank You 

bugmafia007

Im using Cover art ..can this be the issue  for the delay ? 

i also have a network of 2 GB (using SMB multipath channell ) in to my synoly ..so i have a best computer\vest internet and best lan ..what more i need so i can enjoy EMBY? :( 

What options did you enable in the library setup?  Did any of them have text below them to the effect of "This may significantly slow down your library scans"?

Things like Download all images in advance or create thumbnails during the library scan...

Spaceboy

well we can see from the screen shot he's doing thumbnail detection. 3000 movies that could be several days on its own

bugmafia007

So wait ..to cancel the scan and remove that option  and start again the scan ?so when that option can be used ?because i want the thumbnails ..that's the beautiful part :) 

I would not cancel the scan.  I would wait for it to complete.  You can cancel the thumbnail task (which is separate) though.

Saving both artwork and thumbnails into your media folders as well as enabling the nfo saver will VASTLY reduce the scan time should you ever have to start from scratch again in the future, though, so, given that, maybe canceling and adjusting those options is a good idea...

bugmafia007

i want to save the nfo\thumnails and artwork..but how i can i save them separably from my movies folders?

i dont want in my movies folders to have "junk"

how can i configure to save the artwork and thumbnails in an another folder  then my movies folder? 

Thank You