Emby for Kodi - playback problems in add on mode

fr0z3n
Go to solution Solved by deaconf19,

Riggs

@quickmic Can you check if the played content shows the same in Kodi and Emby APP?, In my case some played content are not the same in both, seems that the automatic refresh or sync is not working fine. Thanks 

• 5 weeks later...
2 hours ago, quickmic said:

@Riggs

Is there a way to reproduce the issue?

Yes of course. Rename some library in Emby. You must add it manually or else it gets lost, does not update the node, or the old name in the list. You have to do it again.

It also happens with some new content, the update of new content, sometimes you have to open and close Kodi several times to start the task. or add it manually

• Like 1

quickmic

Not sure if I got it right.

We are talking about "played content" here. This means e.g. a movie is already watched and should be flagged as played in Kodi and Emby app.

So far correct?

Renaming a library means e.g. I rename a movie library on Emby server. Also correct?

In my case I have a test library called "test4" including one single movie for test reasons.

This movie in test4 library is flagged as watched in Kodi. Now I renamed the library to "test5" (while Kodi was shutdown).

Restarted Kodi and everything is fine. Import Library on Kodi was auto renamed from 4 to 5 and content is still correctly flagged.

btw, if we are talking about "played content", not sure what renaming a library has something to do with that.

Can you please elaborate.

Edited by quickmic

1 minute ago, quickmic said:

Not sure if I got it right.

We are talking about "played content" here. This means e.g. a movie is already watched and should be flagged as played in Kodi and Emby app.

So far correct?

Nop. New content or content already in the library without be watched

2 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Renaming a library means e.g. I rename a movie library on Emby server. Also correct? 

Yes.

3 minutes ago, quickmic said:

In my case I have a test library called "test4" including one single movie for test reasons.

This movie in test4 library is flagged as watched in Kodi. Now I renamed the library to "test5" (while Kodi was shutdown).

Restarted Kodi and everything is fine. Import Library on Kodi was auto renamed from 4 to 5 and content is still correctly flagged.

Not played content. And the node do not change the name. I need to refresh manually the new content to get the new libraries or changes in the libraries names on Kodi. SAme thing with the collections, I need to refresh the collections manually to get the new ones.

The menus need to be reworked (this, I'm not sure if is normal)

Normally I do the changes in my server  in the morning, and in the afternoon I start Kodi on my Shield to get the changes, but it need some manual help to get the new content or changes on libraries names or new libraries.

With new content, I'm talking about new libraries, not and not new movies in existing libraries, that works fine.

quickmic

What should be content of the libraries (movies, tvshows etc.) or is it irrelevant?

Edited by quickmic

1 minute ago, quickmic said:

What should be content of the libraries (movies, tvshows etc.) or is it irrelevant?

I can see it on movies and TVshows 

58 minutes ago, quickmic said:

https://youtu.be/uecq3DY5R48

Please tell me were I went wrong, but it works perfectly.

Thanks for the video.

You did it fine.

But, before I do not need to repair the database each time, in fact was sort of difficult find that options to repair redo collections and so.. that's new, right?

quickmic

I haven't repaired the libraries. I was just checking if the label was updated. I pushed the cancel button both times.

Edited by quickmic
  • Thanks 1

Hey @quickmic how are you mate

Just checking in to see if there's any update since last month on your efforts to clean up the code and if something is ready for testing. 

Cheers! 

2 minutes ago, fr0z3n said:

Hey @quickmic how are you mate

Just checking in to see if there's any update since last month on your efforts to clean up the code and if something is ready for testing. 

Cheers! 

For me, is working stable and without mayor issues, just small details, but is totally usable and stable.

I'm running Kodi on Nvidia Shield at side of Emby.

My Emby server is home local linux server, not in the Shield.

Works great.

quickmic

The patches in dev mode for 4.x are the best I can do. There will be no further improvements.

I assume you are referencing to this posting:

On 9/26/2020 at 4:10 PM, quickmic said:

Yes, I know why it's not working and it's based on the fact that emby4kodi manipulates Kodi Playlist (for no good reasons).

I removed playlist manipulators from the player code (were the issue was located). If I leave it in, the autoplay next episode will play episodes two times before continue next.

So actually there is no fix, cause the problem is the code design. Sooner or later I'll remove all those playlist manipulators from the code, also rewrite the stream initialization procedures.

... and this takes time, but also fixes a lot of other issues

The newly designed player code, DB improvements etc. are available in 5.X which is currently available as alpha version but only via sideload. It's too early to publish it even as beta.

Edited by quickmic
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
quickmic

Please try 5.1.2. It should solve all issues reported here. Available in beta repo but under a different plugin name. emby-next-gen

fr0z3n

Thanks quicmic.

Seamless upgrade so far : i like how you ask to upgrade and then as part of the upgrade you disable the old addon and upgrade the db. Well designed. 

Will let you know how it goes when I start using the actual addon.

Cheers

• Thanks 1

fr0z3n

Hey quickmic

Initial playbacks are fine very smooth and quick no bugs so far. Including the play random addon. Quick question: what happened to the emby options in the context menu on items? For example, if i wanted to add a show to emby favourites before i would go to context menu, select emby add to favourites. All those emby context menu items are now gone. I also remember a setting to control which context menu items would appear which was configurable in the emby add on settings but can't find them now. 

Otherwise going well so far 👌 

• Like 1

Awesome thanks.. Been using the next gen addon for a week now no issues 👌 

Very smooth initiation of playback from media library or from home screen widgets (which the old version struggled with). Play random addon works too. All good so far 👍 

Thanks

• Thanks 1

quickmic

New version will be released today, I'm just finishing final tests. Context menu will be included...

• 8 months later...

@quickmic

Today I installed the emby for kodi plugin but I experienced the same old problem, that content will not play, as described earlier in this post. The same happens with the next-gen plugin. The plugin.py edit also did not work.

Are we still having issues with playing content with the plugin in addon mode? I installed the repo form http://kodi.emby.media and then installed the addon. I am still using Kodi 18.9. could this be an issue?

Thanks

quickmic
9 hours ago, acnp77 said:

@quickmic

Today I installed the emby for kodi plugin but I experienced the same old problem, that content will not play, as described earlier in this post. The same happens with the next-gen plugin. The plugin.py edit also did not work.

Are we still having issues with playing content with the plugin in addon mode? I installed the repo form http://kodi.emby.media and then installed the addon. I am still using Kodi 18.9. could this be an issue?

Thanks

The issue in this thread is fixed a long time ago. Maybe you are affected by a different issue.

Please try latest experimental version from here:

https://kodi.emby.tv/Public testing/plugin.video.emby-next-gen-6.0.10-build 59 (ex5).zip

If the issue is still present, please send me a kodi.log.